CAD Managers

Distinguished Contributor
Anthony
Message 1 of 2 (727 Views)

Management of large design data on server

727 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2012 08:41 AM

I'm looking at options to manage our company design data. My company uses Autodesk Inventor 2013 as part of the Product Design Suite and our server is getting extremely full with project design and drawing data, namely some very large assembly files. I have considered the option of Vault for data management system, as well as this I am looking for an effective way of compressing the data and archiving it off our servers. Currently I'm considering shrinkwrap and a manual move of the very large assemblies, would be good to hear of other options that may be available. Thanks to all.

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Mentor
stevor
Message 2 of 2 (525 Views)

Re: Management of large design data on server

01-09-2013 04:22 AM in reply to: Anthony

Drives are cheap, be redundant.

Far more laborious is the enforcement of ordinary drafting standards, which involves standard BLOCKs and XREFs, and so on, in CADD. But must be done anyway, for other reasons.

S

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube