Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensesing Management Without SAM?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
andrew.warren
741 Views, 7 Replies

Licensesing Management Without SAM?

What does everyone use now that SAM Reports is gone? I just changed jobs and took over as CAD / License Manager and to my suprise SAM Reports Lite has been discontinued for Free from Autodesk. We are adding people like crazy and I need to monitor the usage pretty closely to see when we need to add seats. Also it seems a couple users are given two seats for some reason but I can't tell for sure without a good reporting tool. Any ideas?

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: andrew.warren

this is the only tool that i have found: http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
andrew.warren
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks I have already sent off for a quote and trial just wanted to see if anyone else uses anything else. I can't believe Autodesk would not provide something with LMTools to see when we are bumping our heads on the limits. Seems like it would help with sales. If we see we are hitting the limit more than x number of days in a row then we buy more seats to accommodate that. But as a CAD Manager if I can't see it I assume it is OK. Yes users will complain but when do they not.

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: andrew.warren

Let us know how you like it.  Jimmy is a great asset to this community and I have been recommending his product for quite awhile.  He has a freeware classified here on the boards too:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Classifieds/JTB-FlexReport-1-0-released-as-freeware-FlexNet-HTML-repor...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
n2itive
in reply to: TravisNave

Seems like you may have found an alternative but I just wanted to let you know I just downloaded SAM reports from autodesk last week so I don't think it's discontinued... it worked for me.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: n2itive

It is still available and technically still works, but the product itself has been deprecated and laid to rest.  I still use it occasionally but it is not a viable solution moving forward. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
n2itive
in reply to: TravisNave

Good to know, thanks. I've just spent the last few hours testing it out and I must admit I'm not too impressed.  Up until last week I never really felt the need for this type of software (we only have a handful of licenses to begin with) but I was surprised to find nothing was built into LMtools when I started my research.  I guess the search continues. Man Frustrated

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 8 of 8
warrenandy
in reply to: n2itive

So far I really like the JTB stuff it gives some good reports. Took a little getting use to to figure out what does what but hey we are CAD people right? Whats more complex than Autodesk's porfolio... It is pretty smooth now that I set up Feature Groups and figured out how I want stuff parsed out. It is definitely worth trying out. I wish it was free with LMTools, but it is cheap enough I think I can get it still...

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report