Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional/Windows 7/Program start problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
BrianForeman7947
454 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Professional/Windows 7/Program start problem

I am the CAD Manager for a small design team.  We have several seats of Inventor Professional that were recently installed on to new computers (Windows 7 64 bit).  All had their CAD software installed by use of a common deployment and I personally tested each one on my own user profile on each machine.  Most units, I have had no problems, but on two such systems, the actual user when they started the program from within their own profile, now have issues with their specific installation (I re-verified the software works fine when I log in as the user).  All users have admin rights to their own machine (as do I on all).  I suspect the problem was created by these users because they did NOT start Inventor Pro the FIRST time using the "RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR" option.  Now each of these specific instances will not start unless the user selects the "RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR" option, or the RUN AS ADMINSTRATOR OPTION is selected within the shortcut.  The program will not start at all without selecting one or the other (followed by the UAC warning).  This happens everytime.  Again, my adminstrator profile does not do this, only the user's profile.

I suspect the problem is in the way Inventor created and wrote variables into the registry when the program started the first time.  I wanted to blow away the user's profile and start over, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has another idea.  I did try editing the registry and it caused new problems that I had to do a installation repair.  Currently, it all works if I have the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR option selected all the time, but it seems like the problem doesn't correct itself, so it has to stay selected.  If I change the setting, Inventor doesn't start (it shows up in task manager and partially loads then just goes away with giving any indication what happened.

If any one has suggestions, please post.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report