Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Autodesk Standalone license convert to network license

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
ismailsen
914 Views, 21 Replies

How to Autodesk Standalone license convert to network license

Hi all,
All autodesk how I use my standalone license to network license can do the conversion process, What should I do to convert. please help

I have 65 standalone license server over the network you want to use this network license

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
dmfrazier
in reply to: ismailsen

This looks like a question that should be directed to your AutoCAD dealer.

Message 3 of 22
rkmcswain

In older versions, you used to be able to do a registry hack (google it, not hard to find) - but in more recent versions, it has not worked for me.

It's silly to have to uninstall and reinstall to change licensing models.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 22
TravisNave

I guess the real question is, do you actually own 65 stand-alone seats or 65 network seats?  You can't just convert them.  There is a network activation charge if you wish to use network licensed seats. Otherwise, if you simply installed incorrectly then you will unfortunately have to reinstall.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: TravisNave

Good points Travis. 

I was addressing this simply from a technical POV. As you point out, ensuring the proper licensing is a prerequisite to making any technical changes.

Message 6 of 22
tedwardspg
in reply to: rkmcswain

Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTOCAD>release (mine is R19.0)>ACAD-B000>AdLM>TYPE set it to 0

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 7 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: tedwardspg

tedwardspg wrote:

Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTOCAD>release (mine is R19.0)>ACAD-B000>AdLM>TYPE set it to 0

Used to work, but is has not worked for a few recent versions.

Message 8 of 22
JamesMaeding
in reply to: dmfrazier

directed to my Autocad Dealer? I find these DG's have 10x the knowhow compared to even the best reseller.

This network to standalone issue has been a pain for so long.

My issue is I use ADN seats for my computer, but want to install using the standard company network batch files, then switch.

Luckily I am not doing a lot of these switches as we only have a couple ADN seats, but Autodesk's licensing just seems to remain in the dark ages.

Why not put together an internet lic server, like Bentley has.

Heck, Autodesk could see our usage by the second, what a great marketing tool, but instead they force us to host our own server?

If they cannot get that going, would anyone ever trust a critical workflow component be a SAAS?

The cloud we really want is still a puddle on the ground.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 9 of 22
dmfrazier
in reply to: JamesMaeding

"directed to my Autocad Dealer? I find these DG's have 10x the knowhow compared to even the best reseller."

That  may be generally true, or true in certain cases, but perhaps not in this case.

It will be interesting to find out (assuming we ever do) how the OP resolves this.

"Why not put together an internet lic server, like Bentley has.

I suspect we're headed there, and I also suspect it will simultaneously solve some issues and create some new ones. 

Message 10 of 22
JamesMaeding

I just hope the adesk teams copy as much as possible fom the Bentley solution.

Message 11 of 22
rkmcswain

jmaeding wrote:

Why not put together an internet lic server, like Bentley has.

There must be a financial reason behind it.

I'd even go for a locally hosted LM like we do have with Bentley. The local Bentley select server is light years ahead of the tired old FLexLM in terms of reporting, inquiry, etc.

dmfrazier wrote:

I also suspect it will simultaneously solve some issues and create some new ones.

It always does. 🙂 It's hard to make everyone happy, all the time.

Message 12 of 22
dmfrazier

"It's hard to make everyone happy, all the time."

T

Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 22
JamesMaeding

Bentley seems to have managed.

Sent from Samsung tablet

Message 14 of 22
pendean

"jmaeding ...Bentley seems to have managed"
SHHH! Don't tell these people that 😉 http://communities.bentley.com/products/microstation/f/273.aspx
Message 15 of 22
cpadilla

It works for me, just tried it, we have stanalone and network licenses and I can go back and forth between the two kind of licenses with "Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTOCAD>release (mine is R20.0)>ACAD-B000>AdLM>TYPE set it to 0" or to 1

Message 16 of 22
rkmcswain
in reply to: cpadilla

cpadilla wrote:

It works for me, just tried it, we have stanalone and network licenses and I can go back and forth between the two kind of licenses with "Regedit>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTOCAD>release (mine is R20.0)>ACAD-B000>AdLM>TYPE set it to 0" or to 1

Nice. Is that for vanilla AutoCAD? I wonder if C3D and/or IDSP introduce some quirk that keeps it from working?

Now your original install was for standalone, right? Going from SA to NLM makes sense, but can you install a NLM version and then go to SA? If so, what does it do when you launch after converting to SA? Prompt you for the different S/N and CDKey?

Message 17 of 22
cpadilla

Yes, vanilla Autocad and I have 21 Standalone original installations and 18 Network original installations, we have two separate Serial Numbers, one for Standalone and one for Network license, sometimes we switch computers and I have to change a license from Standalone to Network or viceversa and I use the Windows Regedit path to change from 1 to 0  or from 0 to 1, it works every time. The thing is that when you change the license you have to go into Autocad and change the Serial Number to the Network S.N. or the Standalone S.N., you have to own both types of licenses to be able to do it.

Message 18 of 22
cpadilla
in reply to: cpadilla

And yes, when you change from Network to Standalone and change the S.N. it goes to Autodesk to activate the license just like when you do a clean original Standalone installation.

Message 19 of 22
JamesMaeding

It does not work with the suites, as they have additional licensing mechanisms going on.

Prove me wrong, please, but dealing with the additional mechanisms has never worked for me.

This has nothing to do with unethical goals, as the average person seems to want to conclude.

I even had an Autodesk person give me a suspicious look, and ask "Why do you need to do this?"

I looked back and said "Because I paid you in advance, and want to use the tool I paid for without being punished by endless install games."

Message 20 of 22
rkmcswain

jmaeding wrote:

This has nothing to do with unethical goals, as the average person seems to want to conclude.

Exactly. We have "X" number of standalone licenses and as we approach that number of installs, I've had the need to move SA users to NLM so that I can fit some more SA users in the pool.

Seems like this would be a common occurrence, not an oddity

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report