Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Drafting/Design (not Drafting/Design Software) Forum

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JLeeSaxon
1059 Views, 5 Replies

Drafting/Design (not Drafting/Design Software) Forum

Does anyone know a good, active forum where drafting itself is the main topic? Most seem to be for discussion of drafting SOFTWARE (like these forums).

Lee Saxon
Ellis Photographic Design
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Johneng
in reply to: JLeeSaxon

Have you looked at the Drafting Techniques forum? Its under the Autocad section of the forums approximately the 17th item down. Below is a direct link

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Drafting-Techniques/bd-p/23

Message 3 of 6
JLeeSaxon
in reply to: Johneng

Thanks, but that's not what I mean. That's still a software forum, as in "I need to draw a so-and-so, what's the best way to do that in AutoCAD." I'm looking for, "Here's an odd shape, what's the best way to dimension it?"

Lee Saxon
Message 4 of 6
pendean

Same thing, you're just splitting hairs šŸ™‚

There is no "generic" drafting-school forum out there AFAIK, it's best to post and ask peers that use the software you are using, to avoid the "well, my software can do this...." issues you wil eventually hit like a brick wall.

OR try signing up to a local drafting school class if one is offered in your area at a community college: drafting fundamentals are best taught with a lot of practice and instant supervision.

Message 5 of 6
JLeeSaxon
in reply to: pendean

>> Same thing, you're just splitting hairs :smileyhappy:

Alright, thanks. I was concerned non-AutoCAD-specific questions might not be welcome there, but I'll take your word for it šŸ™‚

Lee Saxon
Message 6 of 6
pendean

As long as you identify your CAD software package first... Personally, I can't wait to see what you come up with for a question that is so critical it needs it's own forum šŸ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report