CAD Managers

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 1 of 3 (412 Views)
Accepted Solution

Customisation refresh

412 Views, 2 Replies
11-11-2013 05:08 AM

I'm sure this has been covered here multiple times, but I can't find any relevant topics with the keywords I can think of.

How do I refresh customisations to the GUI in AutoCAD?

Our custom materials (scripts, LSP, icons, templates etc) are centrally placed on shared network drives.

( example: I have made a centrally placed Startup_Suite.lsp that just loads all our custom commands and such. It is placed in all startup suites and allows me to add, remove and modify all our custom commands without having to go by all PCs.)

But if there's a change needed to the CUI... I basically either need to remote contact or go by manually to import partial cuix', edit the workspace and all that.

I'm just betting that there must be a better/easier way to do this. (if only cause I don't want to fly to 3 different countries every time I come up with a nice piece of functionality :smileywink: ).

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (408 Views)

Re: Customisation refresh

11-11-2013 05:54 AM in reply to: acwtzwegers
Look into the topic of ENTERPRISE CUI in Help in AutoCAD and all over these forums (and the web): it's a better way to have a centeralized menu for everyone.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 3 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: Customisation refresh

11-11-2013 06:23 AM in reply to: pendean

Thanks, that was the matter of knowing the right keywords :smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube