I don't know if it does or not. But I'd get away from the XP 64 OS as soon as possible. Win 7 is far more stable, and has many more drivers.
i am running it on win 7 64-bit. you can't use a serial hardlock, must be usb or network key because the serial hardlock drivers are not compatible with 64-bit OS.
How did you get it to install on a 64bit machine? Our IT guy says when he tries to install it, it says it cannot install because it is not supported on 64bit O/S? Thanks!
try these things and let me know if this works for you or not.
- first install autocad 2004 \ land desktop 2004 - reboot
- copy entire caice installation with service packs to C:\kc.install
- right click on setup.exe > properties > compatibility tab > check run as win xp sp3, check run as admin
- run setup.exe and install caice to c:\caice - not in program files
- install all service packs the same way
- last, if you have a computer that has multiple processor cores, you need to set the processor affinity to 1 or 2 processory. caice works best with 1. google psexec download a place psexec.exe on the root of c:\ and create a batch file with the following string: c:\psexec -a 0 cmd /c "echo.|Caice32.exe"
- set your desktop icon to execute the batch file you created to run the command above.
also, you will need to have a USB or network license lock to use caice with win 7, because I couldn't find dirvers that would work with the parallel lock. alternatively, you can get a dongle emulator that runs on your computer for a few hundred.
attached image as proof that caice 10.1 w/ sp8 is running on win7 64-bit pro.
if you are using caice 10 or 10.1 you need to install acad 2004 first because there are some files that are shared and caice will freak out. i found this out the hard way and it took forever for me to debug the issue.
you can have both 2004 and civil 3d 2012 installed on the same system. just make sure that your dwg file associatioins don't switch to 2004 after the install. if so, you can change them back inthe control panel.
Thanks for the instructions. I have installed CAiCE, but when I run it I get the popup window "Authorize Specific Products" there is nothing in the list??? Any thoughts. Thanks