Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD Skills evaluation for present and potential employees.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdhutchinson
1055 Views, 3 Replies

CAD Skills evaluation for present and potential employees.

I am working on a CAD Skills assesment for present employees and wondering what the thoughts are amoung users in the CAD Managers forum.

I am reviewing www.Knowledgesmart.net currently.

Has anyone seen any other WEB based tools?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I'm curious: do you provide these same 'present employees' with ongoing training too? What form does that take? How often? What is the attendance rate?
IMHO you can't test if you don't teach first, and teach often.
Message 3 of 4

Huh... I know that Curt Moreno recently did an evaluation of the CAD staff in his company, but, it doesn't look like he blogged about it. The best I could come up with was a webcast where he talked about it...

http://www.kungfudrafter.com/frontpage/2012/9/28/video-the-super-cad-friends.html
(youtube)

Melanie Stone
Facilities Data Management
IWMS / CAFM / CMMS / AutoCAD / Archibus / Tririga / Planon / MRI Manhattan CenterStone / Revit / data normalization, data mapping, reporting and process documentation
mistressofthedorkness.blogspot.com/
Message 4 of 4
GrantsPirate
in reply to: pendean

OP, there have been a few over the years that looked good but they didn't last.  The first thing almost all companies cut is training and so companies that provide skills assessment and training are hit first and hard during downturns.

Dean, the idea is to do a skills assessment so they know what to focus the training on.  They can focus on the gaps that appear rather than just teaching everything.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report