Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
536 Views, 45 Replies

CAD Manager Title

Hello all, My company has finally relented and decided CAD standards really ARE a good idea (I've been preaching for three years.) The have appointed me CAD Manager - except for political reason, they don't want to use the term "manager". The best HR could come up with was "AutoCAD Information Technician" (quite a mouthful huh?) Before they try again, maybe you could give me some suggestions (humorous comments and anecdotes also gladly accepted) 😃 Thanks a bunch! -- Shane Patrick iamtiger@teleport.com
45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Corporate CAD Coordinator was my title when I worked in the corporate headquarters of a multiple office company. CAD Coordinators were also in each office. I had no direct reports, so the "manager" and "supervisor" titles could not be used - and "Coordinator" often meant "juggler". Sometime after I left the titles changed to something like "CAD Lead" - the influence of the UK company that bought the original company. Check out the "Typical" CAD Manager article at http://home.quixnet.net/~sdurkee/ Later... Scott Durkee Scott.Durkee@DurkeeConsulting.com 316-518-0948 direct Durkee Consulting, Inc. Quality Improvement Consulting for Companies Using CAD CAD Management - CAD Standards - CAD Customization www.DurkeeConsulting.com
Message 42 of 46
Anonymous

well you know what CAD stands for dont you?

Change again Daily
Change again Dammit
Confused architectural Drafter
Confused archtitectural Design(er)
Cant always Decide
Cant Anything Decide

and the real Thing that CAD stands for is

Cant ADD Dimensions

now, who wants to be in charge of NOT ADDing Dimensions

Randy
Message was edited by: randysanders
Message 43 of 46
Anonymous

Always thought it meant Computer Aggravated Design :-) -- Regards, Robin Capper. "randysanders" wrote in message news:3733422.1074983998531.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > well you know what CAD stands for dont you? > > Change again Daily > Change again Dammit > Confused architectural Drafter > Confused archtitectural Design(er) > Cant always Decide > Cant Anything Decide > > and the real Thing that CAD stands for is > > Cant ADD Dimensions > > now, who wants to be in charge of NOT ADDing Dimensions > > Randy > > > Message was edited by: randysanders >
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous

No no no... Control Alt Delete -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups Robin Capper wrote: > Always thought it meant Computer Aggravated Design :-) >
Message 45 of 46
Anonymous

"Karl Fuls" wrote in message news:4014edf9$1_3@newsprd01... > No no no... hehe or Can't Anybody Draw :-)
Message 46 of 46
CelsoBarroca

what about CADVIRUS!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report