CAD Managers

Distinguished Contributor
jmaeding
Message 1 of 20 (597 Views)

Autodesk Exchange site going to facebook???

597 Views, 19 Replies
07-25-2012 02:50 PM

I wonder if Autodesk realizes many companies block facebook.

It only confirms to me that individual relationships are getting lost over "masses" of "friends".

Can a facebook expert explain the best way to use the page? Facebook always seemed simple to me, but the autodesk page is confusing.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 20 (590 Views)

Re: Autodesk Exchange site going to facebook???

07-26-2012 04:41 AM in reply to: jmaeding

I'll never visit it there.

"Passing the costs to someone else 'cause we can"

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
jmaeding
Message 3 of 20 (581 Views)

07-26-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: jmaeding

well, neither would I, but adesk is shutting down its exchange site and "moving" the content there.

I'd just like to understand how the facebook site helps, it seems so mushed together.

I would prefer some kind of segregation into user, cad managers, Lt, mobil, and developers.

I don;t want to see all the LT posts....

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 4 of 20 (573 Views)

07-26-2012 11:00 AM in reply to: jmaeding

We also block Facebook.  If we opened it up, we'd lose productivity.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 5 of 20 (569 Views)

07-26-2012 11:55 AM in reply to: jmaeding

Come on! There's some good LT stuff out there!  :smileyvery-happy:

How does anyone find anything the need on facebook anyway?

It's just a grievance highway for those who either can't formulate a response face to face or need to live vicariously through others.

(funny how the spell check trips up on "facebook". Autodesk needs to add that word to the master dictionary.)

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
jmaeding
Message 6 of 20 (567 Views)

07-26-2012 12:54 PM in reply to: jmaeding

I don't get why anyone would buy LT.

If you need cheap acad, get bricscad. Then you have lisp, menus and other stuff.

I know about object enablers, but proxy's are fine if you are just looking at files.

jmaeding
Message 7 of 20 (565 Views)

07-26-2012 12:58 PM in reply to: TravisNave

ah, but now you can gain it back! All those general help videos and photos of other peoples projects, how can you go wrong?

I get a kick out of the "close friend" designation you can do. Will there next be "business friend" and "party friend", and maybe a "spam friend" category?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 8 of 20 (556 Views)

07-26-2012 04:04 PM in reply to: jmaeding

Then there would be no need to come here and be berated. :smileywink: (and use these fun emoticons to boot!)

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 9 of 20 (554 Views)

07-26-2012 04:25 PM in reply to: jmaeding

Why would anyone buy plain-Jane AutoCAD then? Yet many do, as much as LT. Go figure, turns out 'cheap' vs. being 'in the family' and conforming to some 'business standard' really matters to a whole lot of more users and corporations than not.

Think MSOffice, Adobe Acrobat (all variants), Photoshop, Illustrator, MSOutlook... same arguments there too.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
jmaeding
Message 10 of 20 (552 Views)

07-26-2012 04:51 PM in reply to: pendean

why buy plain acad?

because it has the api's, of course, and because of plotting and possibly object enablers.

If you are looking at products without the api's, you are likely doing that because your environment is not demanding, you are just looking at things, or drawing basic stuff (a dog house, space shuttle logo, whatever NASA interns do...).

Keep in mind, Office and others you mention are cheap, autocad and verticals are $5k and up.

MS office is not really a critical programming platform in the way autocad and verticals are.

So the trends on those tools do not appply to autocad customers.

Bricscad V12.2 seems rock solid to me so far. It does need several interface tools, just like autocad, but its very mature.

I will likely start a blog on how to use it for Civil Engineering, we need more companies to see the options.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube