Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk 3D Platform Implementation for an Engineering Consultant

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
soumen.r
531 Views, 2 Replies

AutoDesk 3D Platform Implementation for an Engineering Consultant

Hallo All,

First of all I admit that I don't know my ongoing query is a right one for this forum or not. If not I apologize for my irrelevant query.

I am working in a Engineering Consultancy where AutoCAD 2002 is the prime drafting software to produce drawings. The AutoCAD license is > 350. We also use couple of other design software’s from tekla, staad(bentley), pds, eplan etc but major drawing production is in AutoCAD 2002.

Our company is very old (nearly it is running over 60 years) and major workforce in drawing production is aged above 40. As the attrition rate is surprisingly high for my company most of them are using AutoCAD for 2D drafting for nearly 15-20 years.

Now, upper management is keen to deploy 3D platform based on Autodesk in my company, and my major challenge is to convert the working habit of these aged peoples from 2D drafting to 3D drafting. Also major opposed area will be the change in habit from 2D to 3D work culture. Also there will be some technical challenges I have to face when Autodesk 3D platform need to be integrated with pds, pdms, tekla structure, eplan, solid edge etc. etc.

Can you please help me to foresee in two things?
1. What technological challenges may come in this process?
2. What may be the implementation methodology for this type of case?

I again beg your pardon, if this is an irrelevant question for this forum.

Thanking you,
Soumen

SRoy
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Lance127
in reply to: soumen.r

Well what sort of shop is it, mechanical, arch, civil, etc. Also are you talking about using Autocad for 3D or using Revit, Inventor, Civil 3D?

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 3 of 3
soumen.r
in reply to: Lance127

Mr. Lance,

Thank you for your comment. I am trying to give a rough idea about my company.

Its a 60 years old engineering consultency firm with more than 2200 users. There are around 32 engineering departments like civil, structural, electrical, energy, utility, piping, environment, water, power, mining, geology, architecture, mechanical etc. etc.

As this multidisciplinary work we had purchased various autodesk softwares like plant 3d, inventor, revit, building design, factory design, map 3d etc. etc. As for one signle project it is required to work for multiple disciplines, it is needed to integrate all these platforms. There are various other application which need to be integrated like staad, eplan, pds, pdms also as we are using those for separate analysis/design purposes.

Thanking you in regards,

Soumen Roy

SRoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report