Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD session comes up with AutoCAD Electrical in the session description

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cawaugh
666 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD session comes up with AutoCAD Electrical in the session description

I installed AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical on my laptop. when I launch just AutoCAD, it looks like AutoCAD Electrical is launching but the cui is acad.cuix.

All of the toolbars, etc. are for Acad but the title of the session is "AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Drawing1.dwg"

if I launch AutoCAD Electrical, the cui is acade.cuix and all of the toolbars ect. are correct for Acade and the title of the session is "AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Drawing1.dwg".

The shortcut points to an AutoCAD arg file and AutoCAD workspace.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: cawaugh

"I installed AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical on my laptop."

Although you may have installed these separately (or it may have seemed that way), AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD (same version, same machine) use the same "engine".  In other words, the same executable (acad.exe) runs in either case; the profile loaded at launch is what makes them look and behave differently.

"...when I launch just AutoCAD, it looks like AutoCAD Electrical is launching but the cui is acad.cuix....the title of the session is 'AutoCAD Electrical 2014 Drawing1.dwg'"

Based on my experience with AutoCAD Mechanical, what shows up in the program window title bar appears to be determined by a registry entry set during installation of the product.  Even if you had only installed it as ("plain") AutoCAD (without the Electrical stuff), if it was installed using an Electrical installer, serial number, and product code, you'd get "Electrical" in the title bar, regardless of the current profile.

Message 3 of 3
cawaugh
in reply to: dmfrazier

I didn’t expected to see that so it makes sense.
Just getting prepared for client questions.

Thanks.

Charles A. Waugh
CAD Manager
[Codeman2]
Wunderlich-Malec
Engineering | Systems | Services
952-843-5826 (Direct line)
612-321-6607 (Cell)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message, including any files transmitted within, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. The use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by provincial and federal laws. If this message was received in error, please notify the sender and then delete this message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report