Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture/MEP, Revit, and MS Access

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Matasovsky
388 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture/MEP, Revit, and MS Access

Looking for input from other Cad Managers. Anyone out there have the development time to extract information out of MEP and import it into Access?

Electrical Dept. Head in our office has never been satisfied about how AutoCAD or Revit do things. Feels if he can extract information to import in Access he can have more freedom do the types of things he wants to do.

Wanted to get feedback from anyone currently exporting information from MEP and importing into Access what types of things they are doing.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Matasovsky

Years ago, I used DBConnect from Inside AutoCAD. I6t's still available.
Instead of exporting data, this allows linking of Excel/Access/SQL data
to AutoCAD objects.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert
Attend the "It's a Duesy II " Manufacturing Revival Conference
March 17th, 2010 More Information at:
http://teknigroup.com/2010/Duesy/dennis1.html

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com
Message 3 of 3

Hello-

I'm working/having work done to do just what you are talking about (so it seems).......for a custom function to read into the dwg model, and mine out the object entity properties, and property set information, then store it to an independant datasource. My intentions for this application, is to be a blend of the DATAEXTRACTION, AECEXPORTPROPERTYDATA, AECIFCEXPORT, 3DDWF, AECGBXMLEXPORT, and DBCONNECT commands. The main intent of the function is to export all of this to a database structure, to generate quantity reports, costing, ect. The secondary intent is to reinsert reports from the database to the paperspaces, in place of using the schedules, not having to maintain formulas in propertysets and on separate Microsoft Excel workbooks, and to cut down on the overhead that 25+ schedule tables have on a drawing/system.

let me know if this sounds interesting, maybe we could split the cost of the programming ?? ??

Jamie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report