Anyone have a fix? I have a consultant using R2012 that's not using any Annotative features: we are.
We send him files, he sets CANNOSCALE to 1:1 for his needs, all our blocks/text/dimensions/mleaders etc. shrink down.
- SAVEFIDELITY is not applicable here.
- -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD is no go, he has R2012 remember.
- DXFOUT is no go either, no matter how far you save down.
- BEDIT each block would take forever. Text and dimstyles a little easier but still manual.
- PROPERTIES doesn't cut it with blocks.
- CHANGE command>Properties>Annotative doesn't really work either.
Since there is no roundtrip need with those files, I wrote a quick and dirty lisp to BURST all the blocks (and reset the styles) for him then purged the files. But one day I guess I will need to do it better.
Open to ideas that work for you.
Who is working for who here?
Looking at this from a management standpoint, rather than technical....
Can't the "boss" firm set the rules (contract terms) and make the other party adhere to the these standards?
If he's not using annotative objects, why does he care what CANNOSCALE is? If he just leaves it alone it should be all right, shouldn't it?
That's the challenge: they XREF our files into theirs, and they set CANNOSCALE to 1:1 in the top file. All our blocks shrink by default. I suggested the same thing but they seem to rigid in the office drafting standards (and rightly so of course).
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!