Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
bakerdb
793 Views, 1 Reply

Admin Image relocation?

I have 6 licenses of AutoCAD, 3 of which are a network license on 1 disc, so I have made deployments to a server that I has given access to and then installed AutoCAD to 3 different machines from the deployment. Now I am being told that the server is full and they want to move the AdminImage for my deployments.

My question is, is this possible to do without messing things up? or after the AdminImage is moved can I repoint the installations to the new location?

I really don't know that much about networks or network licenses, is the AdminImage similar to copying the contents of the AutoCAD disk to a hard drive and then installing it? Do the installations of AutoCAD depend on the AdminImage daily?

Thanks,

David B. Baker
CAD Supervisor

Munters Corporation - Aerotech Ventilation Systems
4215 Legion Drive - Mason, MI 48854 USA
800-227-2376 or 517-676-7070 ext 139
www.munters.com
david.baker@munters.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: bakerdb

The clients do not depend on the admin image for anything except maybe a repair installation.  You can move the deployment and then change the computer and share path folders in the .ini file within the deployment folder.  That should get you by just fine.  I've moved deployments many times with success. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report