CAD Managers

CAD Managers

Valued Contributor
bakerdb
Message 1 of 2 (484 Views)

Admin Image relocation?

484 Views, 1 Replies
07-07-2011 10:35 AM

I have 6 licenses of AutoCAD, 3 of which are a network license on 1 disc, so I have made deployments to a server that I has given access to and then installed AutoCAD to 3 different machines from the deployment. Now I am being told that the server is full and they want to move the AdminImage for my deployments.

My question is, is this possible to do without messing things up? or after the AdminImage is moved can I repoint the installations to the new location?

I really don't know that much about networks or network licenses, is the AdminImage similar to copying the contents of the AutoCAD disk to a hard drive and then installing it? Do the installations of AutoCAD depend on the AdminImage daily?

Thanks, 

David B. Baker
CAD Supervisor

Munters Corporation - Aerotech Ventilation Systems
4215 Legion Drive - Mason, MI 48854 USA
800-227-2376 or 517-676-7070 ext 139
www.munters.us/aerotech
david.baker@munters.com
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (481 Views)

Re: Admin Image relocation?

07-07-2011 11:24 AM in reply to: bakerdb

The clients do not depend on the admin image for anything except maybe a repair installation.  You can move the deployment and then change the computer and share path folders in the .ini file within the deployment folder.  That should get you by just fine.  I've moved deployments many times with success. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
Announcements
Manufacturing CAD & IT Manager Resource
Additional information for installing, licensing & deploying Inventor, the Product Design Suites and Factory Design Suites.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.