Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
matt_HH
481 Views, 1 Reply

AEC 2011 Install issues

Hello there

Please excuse my simple questions, but I have been tossed into looking after our CAD system, and am trying to get my head around evertything (while still doing my usual job).

I will be a brief as I can and explain my problem.

We have been given 10 new mobile worksations and I need to load them up with AEC 2011. A network install is not an option as our IT people do not want to manage CAD at all. Network is off the table.

Our current CAD system is very customised for our unique purposes....will hundreds of sub menu's. I would like to utilize more tool palettes (we use none right now), as they seem much more friendly.

My big question. I want to load AEC on these 10 machines with the current palettes I have created (only a few, and have the ability to add to or edit these palettes while on our local network only and not have to go to each users machine individually. Ten machines is not a huge deal, but it is very time consuming. I would rather make the changes on my system and have the others automatically update the 'new stuff' next time they log in. Maybe this is not possible with individual installs....but I thought I would ask

Can anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction....please

Matt

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Yuri_Zhukovsky
in reply to: matt_HH

First, You must have an Administrative access to Windows internal folders.

After AutoCAD will be installed on new locations, just copy Support directory from previously cutomized configuration on each new Support folder. I hope You know how to find thees folders?))) Then start AutoCAD and type MENU in Command Line. Pick appropriate file. Enjoy!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report