Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - Gatekeeper with Consultants

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
emil.talamo
329 Views, 2 Replies

Workflow - Gatekeeper with Consultants

I have an RFI form that has a repeat section for consultants comments. In the marketing literature it shows a flow from the gatekeeper to the consultants in a parallel (non serial) workflow.

The problem I have encountered is when the form is sent to two or more consultants, and they open it roughly at the same time. The consultant who responds first will have their comments (in the form) stored on the working copy of the form. The last consultant (who may have spent the day resolving the RFI) looses there comments on the working version of the RFI. Their version is visible when you click on the version history but, the information is lost on the working version. The gatekeeper then has to spend time trying to resolve it.

If you have a Buzzsaw Site with many participants - the likelihood of this event is very high. If your plan to stay within the sites memory limit is to limit the number of versions (lets say 5). The problem is compounded since you run the risk of loosing a consultants comments when it gets rolled out as an older version. Consultant Billable Time is expensive. This is the main reason I built the from with the repeating section for comments. It does work fine when the consultants open them one after another. But I don't wnt series approval - I want parallel, like I paid for!

Question - Why doesn't Buzzsaw's Gatekeeper workflow, work as stated?

Will Autodesk prorate my contract based on unsupported features?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mgemmell
in reply to: emil.talamo

It's best to contact our tech support on this issue at 800-832-0449 for additional support beyond this forum. I've already forwarded this issue so they are likely in contact with you directly already. If you have altered the system RFI form in any way then the consultant's response field may not work the same. The system form has some additional programming associated with it that can't be retained once InfoPath is used to alter the form. You should be able to easily test this by simply using a standard system RFI form to collect different consultant responses.

Mike.G
TSE
Message 3 of 3
emil.talamo
in reply to: emil.talamo

Thanks MGMELL - I tried the out of the box Autodesk RFI and it behaves reasonably well. Now how can I customize the form to fit my Projects needs?

The assigned individual has the ability to make edits to fields that I don't see as part of the workflow. If the creator asks a question, the next person in the flow should not alter this question. The "responders" form should have certain fields that the creator fills in as read only.

I need to add company logos,

I need to add a "Work Breakdown" pull down to identify the discipline. I need to identify the company of the responder and consultants.

The default form is nice but needs to be tweaked for my project. Can I do this and will it still work?

I have an 800 call in, and we are trying to resolve this. Although for the benefit of the other BS users I think it prudent to show them the resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report