Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is a user?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LisaDrago
2336 Views, 3 Replies

Who is a user?

Okay - I have a 25 user package - who is a user that takes on of those?

If I send a notice to a contractor to download info - are they a user?

It is only the people I set up in my member list?

A little clarification would be great.

Thanks

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wouterbleumink
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi,

You could create a 'generic' user for the contractor. So that their company can have multiple users access your information trough the same account.

I think you are talking about a 'public URL' to a file. That also needs a user (named: (public)), but has no password.

That way you can share files with multiple anonymous users.

Regards.

Message 3 of 4
eric.shipwash
in reply to: LisaDrago

Any Active account on the members tab will use up a seat of your 25 user package.

You can have as many disabled accounts on the member tab as you would like but you can only have as many active as the limit listed on the general tab of site administration.

As mentioned above you can create a generic user account and give it out to a many people as you want and they can all be simultaneously logged in. Be aware however that if you choose this method then it makes it hard to hold anyone accountable for an actions performed by that user account. It's a good idea to limit generic accounts to view and download rights only.

Message 4 of 4
FSWookie
in reply to: eric.shipwash

I am sorry, but this is just silly.

Why does autodesk not allow a compny that purchased seats of Buzzsaw to share data across the cloud with clients/consultants without taking from their own licenses?

I can share all day long with 360 and I am not using up licenses...

Maybe an update to the program is in order?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report