Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Email opens 360 not desktop software

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jltorganizer
1651 Views, 11 Replies

Welcome Email opens 360 not desktop software

How can I set the welcome email to open the desktop software and not 360? 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi you cannot change the default in the welcome email to use the desktop app. You can change your preference once you enter the web access by:buzzsawweb.jpg

HTH

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
Chad-Smith
in reply to: gregg.stanley

I agree with jltorganizer. This is a very annoying issue. It also happens when clicking a url in an email notification and it opens the web browser by default.

Gregg, I don't have that option. What can now be done?

buzzsaw.png

Message 4 of 12
gregg.stanley
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Are you using internet explorer? this is currently limited to Internet Explorer.

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12

So you're saying this is only an issue with IE users?

If that's the case then you do need to find a fix for this. It's very disruptive and causing a lot of confusion for users.

Message 6 of 12

Sorry, to quick to send...yes we are using IE 8

Message 7 of 12

The control for that setting is available in Internet Explorer. if you are not seeing it you will need IE 9.

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12

The option is available in IE 8 as well.  The only thing I can think of is the option may not appear if the Autodesk Bridge class active x control is either A) Not installed or B) Disabled within the Manage addons section of IE.

Message 9 of 12
Chad-Smith
in reply to: gregg.stanley

Gregg,

Autodesk needs to do a better job at providing a consistent experience with their browser based services.

The option discussed in this thread is only available in IE. Yet, to get the full experience when using the interactive 3D mode, the user requires Chrome, but when using Chrome you can't access the default Buzzsaw option.

Which browser is it which Autodesk wants users to use for Buzzsaw and the 360 service?

Message 10 of 12
gregg.stanley
in reply to: Chad-Smith

The issue is with Chrome that the options is not available. You can set the value in IE then use chrome for everthing else. Thank you, Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12

I don't think that's it because all our company uses is IE Sent from my iPhone
Message 12 of 12

When you select the web link in the welcome email a cookie is added to your system to set the web client as the preferred method. You can delete cookies on the system to remove this or change your settings as shown earlier in the post.

If you continue to experience issues i would recommend contacting Product Support in the Contact Us link at the top of the discussion page.

Thank you,

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report