Buzzsaw General

Message 1 of 2 (529 Views)

User Permission Levels and Buzzsaw Documentation

529 Views, 1 Replies
12-03-2008 08:49 PM
Autodesk Buzzsaw Professional 7.2 Training Manual page 16 shows a Permission Level matrix. The "Close Form" indicates that the bulk of the site members would need either "Site Administrator" or "Project Administrator" permission levels.

I ran a test and I can get users to close forms with a "view" permission level. What am I missing here? I though I had reasonable understanding of the English language, but I just don't understand your manuals.

I don't want an apology I want money for correcting your problems!

Do you have a QA department?
Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)

Re: User Permission Levels and Buzzsaw Documentation

12-08-2008 10:52 AM in reply to: emil.talamo
It's best to contact our tech support group at 800-892-0449 for issues like this. I've already alerted them on your ealier issue re RFI Gatekeeper Workflow so they'll be in touch and can address this issue too.

First thing I'd check for with permission issues like this is that you are not testing with a user who created the form-log or project & folders the form-log resides in. There is an 'Owner' permission which gives users who create projects, folders, and form-logs additional permissions beyond 'view'. This could be why your test user is able to do things with your form-log beyond the typical 'view' permission. A simple way to see who has 'Owner' permissions to a project or folder is rightclick-->properties and click the Ownership button in the General tab.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community