Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow switching between layers.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
decoart
338 Views, 1 Reply

Slow switching between layers.

When switching between layers, Zooming, or changing views my drawing will lockup for about 5 min and then I am able to work again.

System is

AMD Phenom Quad Core

6GB ram

Raid 10

FirePro V4800

Not sure what direction to take from here.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
koc3499
in reply to: decoart

You may have too many layers in the drawing.  AutoCAD drawings that have a large number of layer filters can affect system performance significantly. In some cases, you may not even be able to access the Layer Properties Manager. To remove layer filters from a drawing, use the FILTERS command.  (See http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8203173&linkID=9240617 for steps on how to do this.

The excess layer filters alert is controlled by the sysvar LAYERFILTERALERT.

0 Off

1 When the Layer Manager is opened, deletes all layer filters; no message is displayed

2 When the Layer Manager is opened, displays a message that states the problem, recommends deleting all filters, and offers a choice: "Do you want to delete all layer filters now?"

3 When the drawing is opened, displays a message that states the problem and offers to display a dialog box where you can choose which filters to delete

The default for the sysvar is 2 i.e. the alert will display only when the Layer Manager is open.

Hope this helps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report