Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Characters on Buzzsaw

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
249 Views, 1 Reply

Invalid Characters on Buzzsaw

I recently discovered that many of the hyperlinks found on notification emails did not work on a number of Buzzsaw sites that i am an Administrator on.

The reason for this inconvenience was due to a folder or file within Buzssaw containing an Invalid character. The most common of these been the highly used & symbol.

Used in many folders such as M&E Drawings etc....

Is there any plans to stop users creating these file / folder names with invalid characters within Buzzsaw, and maybe a warning to users adding documnets to Buzzsaw that again have invalid chararcters in the file name?

This would lead to a belief that the links from Buzzsaw do work, and stop me having a headache everytime i have to explain this problem to users.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve.williams
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jns26,

I've passed on your note and suggestion to our product managers for feedback - thanks for taking the time and I agree that we need to have a better solution for characters that aren't supported in internet links.

I think the same thing happens when you try to view PDF files that have an apostrophe, as I recall. Those pesky internet addresses.

Thanks,
Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report