Buzzsaw General

Active Contributor
Ezekiel12
Message 1 of 4 (248 Views)

Edit ACAD files in Buzzsaw

248 Views, 3 Replies
11-29-2013 01:49 AM

Hello,

i am quite new in Buzzsaw program so this might be dumb question.

I will give access to Buzzsaw project file to some user. This user is in group that have Edit permisions on this project file. But when i find a .dwg file in this project and try to edit it he can't. Buzzsaw ask him to download it in Working wolder, that's correct, but then it is automatically opened in DWG TrueView. How can i change that these files should be opened in AutoCAD? 

Because this user needs to edit this file, save it and upload it back to Buzzsaw with notice of changed version in Buzzsaw.

*I tried this in downloaded Buzzsaw client.

Thx! :smileyhappy:

Active Contributor
Ezekiel12
Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)

Re: Edit ACAD files in Buzzsaw

12-02-2013 01:54 AM in reply to: Ezekiel12

anyone?

isimorisan
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

12-03-2013 04:34 PM in reply to: Ezekiel12

Hellow

Please try to perform editing in Buzzsaw after AutoCad Start at the beginning.

Employee
priwer
Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)

12-08-2013 05:45 AM in reply to: Ezekiel12

Hi -

Try opening the file directly from Autocad (File/Open/DWG, then choose Buzzsaw from the list on the left), and create a shortcut to your Buzzsaw site. When finished editing, you can save it back to Buzzsaw via the same method. Please see the attachment below.

In addition, please feel free to contact the Buzzsaw support group directly for any issues around Buzzsaw: http://autodesk.com/buzzsaw-support

Thanks,

Shana

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community