Buzzsaw General

Contributor
BCS_Support
Message 1 of 8 (170 Views)

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

170 Views, 7 Replies
06-13-2003 07:37 AM
File Modification Notification: Did you know that you can be automatically notified whenever a file or folder has been changed on your Buzzsaw site? Highlight the file(s) or folder(s) you would like to receive automatic notifications about and click the New Notification icon. Select whether you would like to receive change notifications immediately or if you would prefer to receive a daily summary of changes.

To quickly see all files that have been changed since you last accessed the Buzzsaw site, click the What’s New icon. You can purge this list by right clicking in the What’s New window and choosing Mark All As Read.
Am_box
Message 2 of 8 (169 Views)

Re: Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

06-18-2003 01:21 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
The Notification service is extremely useful - however I would like to question your comment about being notified when folders are changed. It does not work for folders - only projects or unique documents. If you could fix it so that folders can be selected that would be great.
Contributor
BCS_Support
Message 3 of 8 (169 Views)

Re:

06-18-2003 01:58 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
Sir/Ma'am,

That is a very good suggestion, and we have submitted this as a possible candidate for a new feature of a future release of the product. Thanks for your input.

Autodesk BCS Support
800-892-0449
Active Contributor
Joan_Allen
Message 4 of 8 (169 Views)

Re:

06-18-2003 10:07 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
If you are a Site Admin or Project Admin, there is a work-around. Just turn the folder into a Project, set the subscription notification, and then change it back to a folder. It works! And, as the support team says, we will add folder subscription notification in a future release.

Thanks,
Joan Allen
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk Buzzsaw
SLBaumann
Message 5 of 8 (169 Views)

03-15-2004 07:25 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
As a site administrator, I would like to recieve a daily summary for entire projects. This information would be shared with users and mangement, when requested. Unfortunately, the only notification I recieve is when the first level below the project is modified. Is there a way to recieve a daily summary of changes at every level of a project file automatically?
*Scott Sheppard
Message 6 of 8 (169 Views)

03-20-2004 03:38 PM in reply to: BCS_Support
Do you have subprojects that are part of projects? I thought subscribing to a project would give you notifications of anything on the project unless it hit another project. "SLBaumann" wrote in message news:22847432.1079364376044.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > As a site administrator, I would like to recieve a daily summary for entire projects. This information would be shared with users and mangement, when requested. Unfortunately, the only notification I recieve is when the first level below the project is modified. Is there a way to recieve a daily summary of changes at every level of a project file automatically?
SLBaumann
Message 7 of 8 (169 Views)

03-23-2004 08:43 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
Yes, we do have subprojects. If that is 'as designed', we can work within the parameters.

Thanks for all the replies,

Scott
*Scott Sheppard
Message 8 of 8 (169 Views)

03-23-2004 10:50 AM in reply to: BCS_Support
When subscribing to a project it does stop at subprojects. Just set up notifications for those subprojects. "SLBaumann" wrote in message news:6454268.1080060222075.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes, we do have subprojects. If that is 'as designed', we can work within the parameters. > > Thanks for all the replies, > > Scott

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community