Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Synch does not synch when I am not logged on

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Driel1973
1190 Views, 2 Replies

Buzzsaw Synch does not synch when I am not logged on

Hello!
We are using Buzzsaw Synch on a server to which files are posted that need to be synched with Buzzsaw.

Buzzsaw Synch has been set to synchronize continiously, however it only synchs when I actually log onto the server (I can also see from the Synch log, that it states 'service started' on the moment I log onto the server, so it does not seem to run when I am logged off from the server).

Is there any additional settings needed to have it run continiously without to need to actually log onto the server?

Thanks!
Erik

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bholle
in reply to: Driel1973

I have been looking into this issue myself, we are experiencing the same issue.  Right now i have an idea to use a vacant computer to sync all projects and just leave this pc on all the time.  Sorry i have no real answer for you.

Message 3 of 3
eric.shipwash
in reply to: Driel1973

@Driel1973 wrote:

Hello!
We are using Buzzsaw Synch on a server to which files are posted that need to be synched with Buzzsaw.

Buzzsaw Synch has been set to synchronize continiously, however it only synchs when I actually log onto the server (I can also see from the Synch log, that it states 'service started' on the moment I log onto the server, so it does not seem to run when I am logged off from the server).

Is there any additional settings needed to have it run continiously without to need to actually log onto the server?

Thanks!
Erik

The Buzzsaw sync service needs to be running in order for files to sync. The sync service will only run when you are logged into the machine/server that sync is installed to.  At this time it is not possible to sync when not logged in to the machine/server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report