Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BuzzSaw sync, download only?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wouterbleumink
1024 Views, 3 Replies

BuzzSaw sync, download only?

Hi,

I would like to do the following:

I want to be able to schedule a daily automatic download of the specified BuzzSaw site WITHOUT uploading new files to the BuzzSaw site.

The main reason for this is that when collaborating with multiple compagny's in 1 project, at the end of a working-day there may be some info left behind in a drawing (to continue with the next day) that is not relevant (or even confusing) for other users.

At the same time it can be verry helpfull that at the beginning of a new working-day you start with the latest (correct) info from other users, wich was automatically downloaded overnight from the BuzzSaw site.

That way we have more control over what other user's can use as correct information in stead of the as-is info BuzzSaw sync now offers.

Regards,

Wouter Bleumink

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
carleypr
in reply to: wouterbleumink

I would like to use BuzzSaw for uploading from my server files as well on a continuous basis throughout the day.

I've been testing the Sync feature, but can only get it to work with downloading from BuzzSaw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
joan_allen
in reply to: carleypr

I suspect that you are seeing this download behavior on inital Buzzsaw Sync folder setup.  In order to set up a Buzzsaw Sync folder, you need to have a folder on Buzzsaw.  The initial set-up from the local system allows you to select a folder (or folder and sub-folders) on the Buzzsaw site.  This folder on your Buzzsaw site can be an empty folder, and then you can add the files to your Buzzsaw Sync folder and they will upload automatically.   

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 4 of 4
joan_allen
in reply to: wouterbleumink

If you want to download files from Buzzsaw to your Buzzsaw Sync folder only - and not upload files from your Buzzsaw Sync folder to Buzzsaw - you can manage this with Buzzsaw permissions.  By setting the permission on the Buzzsaw folder to "view" then Sync will not upload any files to Buzzsaw but will allow download.

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report