Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to install buzzsaw sync

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
svalenta
2576 Views, 8 Replies

unable to install buzzsaw sync

When I try to install the Buzzsaw Sync utility (downloaded from the Autodesk web page today) it consistently fails.  I am trying to install it on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and I downloaded and ran the 64 bit version of the Sync install.  The error message that comes up is that the installer threw a "1619" - a screen shot is attached.  I was able to reproduce this behavior on my own Windows 7 machine.  Any ideas what might be wrong?

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
joan_allen
in reply to: svalenta

Please contact our Support team about this:  http://autodesk.com/buzzsaw-support

Thanks,

Joan Allen

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 9
svalenta

Joan,

I filed a support ticket three days ago, but have not heard back from support.  I'm getting a bit frustrated.  Support ticket number is 00411493.

Message 4 of 9
joan_allen

The Buzzsaw support team confirmed with me today that this issue has been resolved.  In case anyone else runs into this problem, here is a description of the problem and resolution:

It was a problem with permissions on the local PC (a user needs admin rights on the target installation folder in order to install Buzzsaw Sync).  This issue can be resolved by moving the Sync installation file to a folder where a user has full access rights.  From there, just open the installation file and install Buzzsaw Sync.

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 9
mark.hughes

I have also run into this problem and relocating the .exe to a folder with full permissions does not solve the problem. 

Message 6 of 9

Hi Mark,

If possible can you contact our Autodesk Support desk at 800-892-0449.    When calling we'll be able to determine OS and effectively troubleshoot issue.    Its possible issue could be related to Windows settings for UAC or Protected Mode within IE.  Thank you

James L Bryant

Autodesk Support Team

Contact Autodesk |
Message 7 of 9

Mark,

I am including Buzzsaw sync msi packages for both 32 bit PC's and 64 bit PC's.  I'm curious to know if you log into PC as admin can you install software with this msi package?

Windows 32 bit system

http://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/!/download//BuzzsawSyncSetup-32bit-EN.msi

Windows 64 bit system

http://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/!/download//BuzzsawSyncSetup-64bit-EN.msi

James L Bryant

Autodesk Support Team

Contact Autodesk |
Message 8 of 9
TJR-Sundt
in reply to: james.l.bryant

I am getting a different error when tyring to install Buzzsaw Sync.  I have been having issues installing Buzzsaw Sync onto my machine since December.  Our IT department and or inhouse Autodesk guru have been uable to figure out why it won't install. 

Everytime I try to install Sync I get the same error, see image.  We have placed the msi into a folder that had full admin privages, IT has logged in to try and install, gave me full admin rights for the day, turned off all anti-virus protections and still keep getting the same issue.  At first they thought it was an MSI issue but I have been able to install other MSI programs from Autodesk as well as other vendors.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Buzzsaw Sync - Install issues_001.jpg

Message 9 of 9
mirai_syasin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report