Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining sync with a second computer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
YeongWoo
1248 Views, 3 Replies

Maintaining sync with a second computer

I'm about to replace this computer and I need to know if I will have to "resync" all my folders?  Is the sync process tied to this computer or to the Buzzsaw login?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eric.shipwash
in reply to: YeongWoo

Yes, you will need to reinstall the Buzzsaw Sync software and sync your projects to the new machine.

Message 3 of 4

Eric,

I'm in the same boat...the sync'ed folders in question are on a company server.  From my new computer, they still show the Buzzsaw sync icon, but my Sync log doesn't show them, and I'm assuming that no machine is telling those folders to sync daily (my previous machine did this).  Will I need to delete the the sync'ed folders and replace them with new ones, or is there a way to re-link my buzzsaw to control the existing folders?

Hope my question makes sense....

Message 4 of 4
nbraun
in reply to: WillMitchell

Hi – if the location of the local Sync folders were moved then the association to Sync was most likely broken. You can easily check this by right-clicking on the local Sync folder and see which options are available. If you see an option to “Add Buzzsaw Sync folder” then the association was broken and it’s not and active folder. If it is an active Sync folder you should have an option to “Update sign-in” or “remove synchronization”.

If the association to the file was broken then you will need to create new Sync folders.

Thanks,

Nick 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report