Buzzsaw General Discussion

YeongWoo
Message 1 of 4 (1,050 Views)

Maintaining sync with a second computer

1050 Views, 3 Replies
05-23-2012 10:24 AM

I'm about to replace this computer and I need to know if I will have to "resync" all my folders?  Is the sync process tied to this computer or to the Buzzsaw login?

Employee
eric.shipwash
Message 2 of 4 (750 Views)

Re: Maintaining sync with a second computer

11-01-2012 01:00 PM in reply to: YeongWoo

Yes, you will need to reinstall the Buzzsaw Sync software and sync your projects to the new machine.

WillMitchell
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

05-08-2014 06:49 AM in reply to: eric.shipwash

Eric,

I'm in the same boat...the sync'ed folders in question are on a company server.  From my new computer, they still show the Buzzsaw sync icon, but my Sync log doesn't show them, and I'm assuming that no machine is telling those folders to sync daily (my previous machine did this).  Will I need to delete the the sync'ed folders and replace them with new ones, or is there a way to re-link my buzzsaw to control the existing folders?

Hope my question makes sense....

Product Support
nbraun
Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)

05-08-2014 07:24 AM in reply to: WillMitchell

Hi – if the location of the local Sync folders were moved then the association to Sync was most likely broken. You can easily check this by right-clicking on the local Sync folder and see which options are available. If you see an option to “Add Buzzsaw Sync folder” then the association was broken and it’s not and active folder. If it is an active Sync folder you should have an option to “Update sign-in” or “remove synchronization”.

If the association to the file was broken then you will need to create new Sync folders.

Thanks,

Nick 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community