Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Data into Buzzsaw Transmittal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DocManager
209 Views, 2 Replies

Loading Data into Buzzsaw Transmittal

Dear All, I wonder if anyone can help - I have just joined an engineering project which is using Buzzsaw Version 7.2 - when documentation is sent on a transmittal through buzzsaw the doc controllers currently have to manually enter all the info on the transmittal sheet, they cant even copy and paste from a spreadsheet. Is there a quicker way of getting basic data like doc number/title/rev etc into the transmittal form?
thanks for any help
JW
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ertalamo
in reply to: DocManager

DocManager,

I am a new Buzzsaw site administrator. My company has footed the bill for me to spend well over a month of company time to get Buzzsaw up and running. That being said - Your question is a good one, it was asked on Sep 16th and I am responding Dec 6th, and you have no response from Autodesk. Did they answer this offline?

I would like an answer to Decanter's question please!

It is my practical understanding, that Buzzsaw does not have any method to enter data from an external database into Buzzsaw. This means the wheels fall off if you have a significant amount of data to enter, users avoid the site, ignore performing the data entry or find an alternative software package that accomplishes the task.

Autodesk please weigh in and let me know!!!
I want to be wrong, but I sure can't afford taking hits to my career continually defending Autodesk!

DocManager - did you have any success modifying the Submittal form, tailoring it to your companies process? I looked at it and it appears to be set up for Architectural business and not an Equipment Development projects in the Offshore Industry.
Message 3 of 3
mgemmell
in reply to: DocManager

Buzzsaw doesn't have any way to 'auto-enter' data from other data sources into it's business process forms. The business processes on Buzzsaw Pro are best used for situations where you need to capture data from manual input as needed. It is not recommended for situations where you need to pre-populate large amounts of information from existing databases. Edited by: mgemmell on Dec 8, 2008 1:42 PM

Mike.G
TSE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report