Buzzsaw General Discussion

DocManager
Message 1 of 3 (138 Views)

Loading Data into Buzzsaw Transmittal

138 Views, 2 Replies
09-16-2008 05:34 PM
Dear All, I wonder if anyone can help - I have just joined an engineering project which is using Buzzsaw Version 7.2 - when documentation is sent on a transmittal through buzzsaw the doc controllers currently have to manually enter all the info on the transmittal sheet, they cant even copy and paste from a spreadsheet. Is there a quicker way of getting basic data like doc number/title/rev etc into the transmittal form?
thanks for any help
JW
ertalamo
Message 2 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: Loading Data into Buzzsaw Transmittal

12-06-2008 12:14 PM in reply to: DocManager
DocManager,

I am a new Buzzsaw site administrator. My company has footed the bill for me to spend well over a month of company time to get Buzzsaw up and running. That being said - Your question is a good one, it was asked on Sep 16th and I am responding Dec 6th, and you have no response from Autodesk. Did they answer this offline?

I would like an answer to Decanter's question please!

It is my practical understanding, that Buzzsaw does not have any method to enter data from an external database into Buzzsaw. This means the wheels fall off if you have a significant amount of data to enter, users avoid the site, ignore performing the data entry or find an alternative software package that accomplishes the task.

Autodesk please weigh in and let me know!!!
I want to be wrong, but I sure can't afford taking hits to my career continually defending Autodesk!

DocManager - did you have any success modifying the Submittal form, tailoring it to your companies process? I looked at it and it appears to be set up for Architectural business and not an Equipment Development projects in the Offshore Industry.
mgemmell
Message 3 of 3 (138 Views)

Re: Loading Data into Buzzsaw Transmittal

12-08-2008 10:41 AM in reply to: DocManager
Buzzsaw doesn't have any way to 'auto-enter' data from other data sources into it's business process forms. The business processes on Buzzsaw Pro are best used for situations where you need to capture data from manual input as needed. It is not recommended for situations where you need to pre-populate large amounts of information from existing databases. Edited by: mgemmell on Dec 8, 2008 1:42 PM

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community