Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer Script Error after importing custom forms

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jmcadres
1308 Views, 11 Replies

Internet Explorer Script Error after importing custom forms

Some, not all, of our custom forms created in Infopath will not work after importing into Buzzsaw. They will import into Buzzsaw, but when we try to use one, we get the “Internet Explorer Script Error” window asking if we want to continue running scripts on this page. Regardless of our answer (Yes or No), the form doesn't appear.

Some of the forms work fine, but about 50% give us this error.

I’ve tried tweaking security level in IE and still get the error. We’ve tried using different PCs, they also get the error.

John
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dave.watt
in reply to: jmcadres

Are you using Infopath 2007 to create the forms, or something earlier? Also, if you wouldn't mind attaching one of the XSNs that is causing a problem to your reply, that would be interesting to look at.

Thanks,

Dave Watt
Message 3 of 12
jmcadres

I found that there was a data source attached to the form. Once I removed it, it works!

I'm using Infopath 2003.
Message 4 of 12
jmcadres

Actually.....I've found that the form will import and allow for the fields to be populated. But when I try to submit it to another Buzzsaw member, It will not submit. I've attached the form.

Rename the attached file from text.txt to test.xsn
Message 5 of 12
rajdeepg

Hi John,

I was just looking at your test.xsn and you currently have Data Validation set for the 'ToField' Text Field to the following:

ToDate is not equal to 0

This means that this form is in error unless 'To date' is set to 0. Buzzsaw will not allow forms to be submitted if they are in error. You might have noticed that if you had opened up this form in Buzzsaw, you would have saw a red dashed rectangle around 'To date'. If you type in '0' for 'To date', this red border would go away and you will be able to submit the form.

I think the validation that you really wanted for this field is the following:

ToDate is equal to 0

I hope this helps,

Raj
Message 6 of 12
LeCretin

But how about if you import a form with a data source, as in a sharepoint library or list, can Buzzsaw still handle that or would you have to remove the data connections.

I import it with the data connections and it returns a script error but when I remove the connectiosn it work well.

I have list of 1000 items which I don;t want to have to type in the dropdwon manually and worst, I need to be able to update the list without having to recrerate and reimport a new form.
Message 7 of 12
steve.williams

Unfortunately I don't believe at this point you can link to external live data sources from Buzzsaw forms as you're describing; at least not using Infopath-based forms.

Can you give some additional information about the type of form you're looking to use, and what type of data you're looking to populate? Maybe there's another way to achieve your goal.

Good news is that Constructware has another option, a master list of Lookup Tables, that you can modify and then have it inherit in the appropriate forms; so now as both products are in the CPM portfolio, the product managers can pool from both platforms for future development.

Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 12
LeCretin

Well... I am not quite sure I understand your response, I am currently using Buzzsaw not constructware which is a separate product as I understand it to be.

What I am trying to accomplish is define a process that allow project admins to submit requests to have users have access to projects on my site to my support staff. When they're submitting their request there's a field that should them a list of all projects in the system so they may select which project they want a user to have access to.

What I need to do is either being to automatically populate this list with my project names on Buzzsaw so that when there's a new project the list automatically populates.

I can't attach an xsn file to this...

Thanks Message was edited by: LeCretin
Message 9 of 12
steve.williams

Thanks for your additional info - now I understand what you're trying to accomplish.

My comment regarding Constructware was just my observation of similar needed functionality already present within a related application that is now part of the Autodesk portfolio. I recognize it doesn't help you much now, so let's get back to your problem at hand.

With respect to the XSN file - rename it a .txt and attach it and I'll take a look.

I'm also checking with our team to see if there's a way to automatically pull from the list of project names.

Are these external users that are requesting access to Buzzsaw as well as access to one or more projects, or existing users? Or both?

Do you want this to be an automatic list of all projects (orange folders) on your site, or do you want to control that list manually? Is there a security concern with giving out the names of the projects?

Thanks!
Steve
Message 10 of 12
LeCretin

The answer to the last entry is “no”, the users are internal, that’s why I created a SharePoint list on our internal SharePoint server and use it as a data source to populate the list of projects (orange folder) on BuzzSaw.

My intentions are to update that list every time a new project is created without having to import a new version of the form. If there is a way I can connect my a dropdown list to an object in Buzzsaw that populate that list with my projects on Buzzsaw that would easily solve the issue.

Thanks Message was edited by: LeCretin
Message 11 of 12
vrkpavan14

Please can anbody  give solution to the following Script error: Also please explain why such an error occurs?

Message 12 of 12
gregg.stanley
in reply to: vrkpavan14

Please log a Product Support case for this so we can determine the cause and resolution.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=19759203

Thank you,

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report