Buzzsaw General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
Brausmith
Message 1 of 4 (865 Views)

Copy user permissions between projects?

865 Views, 3 Replies
09-18-2012 10:22 PM

I have a few dozen projects which need to have their folder permissions updated. If I update the permissions on one, is there a means to copy them to the other projects?

As you can imagine, it will be a painful process to have to do this manually with each project having dozens and dozens of subfolders.

Regards,
Chad
Phaeax
Message 2 of 4 (851 Views)

Re: Copy user permissions between projects?

09-20-2012 08:30 PM in reply to: Brausmith

To prevent this in the future, can you create a template folder and then just clone it and the permissions should follow?

Also, by creating permission groups and assigning a group to a folder should be faster than individual users.

Brausmith
Message 3 of 4 (843 Views)

09-21-2012 04:18 PM in reply to: Phaeax

A template folder structure does exist and is used for cloning new projects. The problem is that the permissions are now changing as team structures change. This then means all permissions on all project are now incorrect and need updating.

Plenty of Groups are in use, and while this will make the updating quicker, it's still going to take a very long time.

Regards,
Chad
mariepl
Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)

03-31-2014 10:08 AM in reply to: Brausmith

Has anyone found a way to improve permission assignment on a new project?

I have groups created for my Subcontractors, Consultants, and so on...

But the people in each of these categories do change from one project to the other, which means duplicating groups.  This is very time consuming.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community