Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BCS_Support
352 Views, 7 Replies

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

File Modification Notification: Did you know that you can be automatically notified whenever a file or folder has been changed on your Buzzsaw site? Highlight the file(s) or folder(s) you would like to receive automatic notifications about and click the New Notification icon. Select whether you would like to receive change notifications immediately or if you would prefer to receive a daily summary of changes.

To quickly see all files that have been changed since you last accessed the Buzzsaw site, click the What’s New icon. You can purge this list by right clicking in the What’s New window and choosing Mark All As Read.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Am_box
in reply to: BCS_Support

The Notification service is extremely useful - however I would like to question your comment about being notified when folders are changed. It does not work for folders - only projects or unique documents. If you could fix it so that folders can be selected that would be great.
Message 3 of 8
BCS_Support

Sir/Ma'am,

That is a very good suggestion, and we have submitted this as a possible candidate for a new feature of a future release of the product. Thanks for your input.

Autodesk BCS Support
800-892-0449
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

If you are a Site Admin or Project Admin, there is a work-around. Just turn the folder into a Project, set the subscription notification, and then change it back to a folder. It works! And, as the support team says, we will add folder subscription notification in a future release.

Thanks,
Joan Allen
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk Buzzsaw
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

As a site administrator, I would like to recieve a daily summary for entire projects. This information would be shared with users and mangement, when requested. Unfortunately, the only notification I recieve is when the first level below the project is modified. Is there a way to recieve a daily summary of changes at every level of a project file automatically?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Do you have subprojects that are part of projects? I thought subscribing to a project would give you notifications of anything on the project unless it hit another project. "SLBaumann" wrote in message news:22847432.1079364376044.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > As a site administrator, I would like to recieve a daily summary for entire projects. This information would be shared with users and mangement, when requested. Unfortunately, the only notification I recieve is when the first level below the project is modified. Is there a way to recieve a daily summary of changes at every level of a project file automatically?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Yes, we do have subprojects. If that is 'as designed', we can work within the parameters.

Thanks for all the replies,

Scott
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

When subscribing to a project it does stop at subprojects. Just set up notifications for those subprojects. "SLBaumann" wrote in message news:6454268.1080060222075.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes, we do have subprojects. If that is 'as designed', we can work within the parameters. > > Thanks for all the replies, > > Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report