Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BuzzSaw vs Autodesk 360

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
wouterbleumink
4134 Views, 5 Replies

BuzzSaw vs Autodesk 360

With the new Autodesk 360 service launched.. what are the pro's and con's for using either software?

BuzzSaw is a paid service that offers:

1Gb storage per user

Version management

File right's

Desktop app/ mobile app/ on-line access

Autodesk 360 is a free service that offers:

3Gb storage per user (i am on subscription, so i have 25 Gb)

Verion management

File right's??

Mobile app / on-line access

I am thinking of switching our entire BuzzSaw-site to Autodesk 360.

Can anybody add to my list, and are more users considerring this?

Regards,

Wouter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi

I would like to get more informaiton on your experience with both Buzzsaw and Autodesk 360. If you are interested in discussing please email me directly gregg.stanley@autodesk.com

Thank you

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
ybogdanov
in reply to: gregg.stanley

The problem is that Autodesk 360 don't sync the windows folders in real time...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 4 of 6
Chris_Baze
in reply to: ybogdanov

From what I've seen, viewing Revit models on a tablet does not work on Autodesk 360. It does work on buzzsaw, however. I'm wondering if Autodesk intentionlly disabled this feature in 360 to drive more sales of buzzsaw?

Message 5 of 6
stelios
in reply to: wouterbleumink

Hi Wouter, I am in the same situation, what was your experience with the two services?

Was 360 sufficient for your needs? Were you able to sync your files in the same saw as you did with Buzzsaw?

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
nathan
in reply to: stelios

I am not a buzzsaw user, i never saw the point as it is just a WEBDAV client (webfolder). so I can not compare...

360 is free with subscription which is the only reason we looked into it.  As an Architecture office, we are coordinating live consultant BIM models (MEP) and thought 360 would be an obvious simple integration.  

I would only recommend 360 for small simple projects as it fundamentally does not offer folder permissions (other than the root share).  This is important to prevent data from being accidentally modified and then distributed to the entire project team.  Setting up a share for each permission group on each project is messy, even worse if you propose each consultant configure their own share correctly for the entire project team.  The permissions issue is enough to chuck it to the 'round file' for our office.

360 unfortunately needed some more field testing before autodesk brought it to market.  Buzzsaw, 360, 360 Glue, and Constuctware should be one cohesive thought-out product...  Until then we will be going elsewhere for our coordination needs (as are most offices).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report