Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Professional 2011-Licensing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
varindersra
1518 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Professional 2011-Licensing

Hi,

Is there an easy way to switch from one license and serial no. to another without uninstalling and reinstalling Vault server.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.laidler
in reply to: varindersra

Point Vault Professional to another license server.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 8
mollons
in reply to: john.laidler

You can modify the licpath.lic file in the program files folder you installed the server into to point to another machine.

Just edit it in notepad and change the server name and MAC address to the other license server.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 4 of 8
varindersra
in reply to: mollons

what about the serial no. of vault client and vault server. How do I chnage that.

Message 5 of 8
mollons

You don't need to change the serial number. That is controlled by the network license on the license manager.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
varindersra
in reply to: mollons

ok, I am not sure that I understand the process here. We have been using vault with serial no. "xxx-yyy" and based upon this serial no.,  server name and mac address we got the liscense file from Autodesk. Now, we bought a new vault with different serial no. "zzz-aaa" and the liscense file that we got from Autodesk is based upon this new serial no. "zzz-aaa" but this new product is not installed. Is that not gonna be the issue.

Message 7 of 8
mollons

Licensing is controlled by the vault server not the clients.

When you install the vault server you enter the serial number however this is only to proceed through the install.

When you install the vault server it creates a licpath.lic file in the ADMS install directory.

The Licpath file contains the license server you wish the vault server to use to obtain licenses.

So, if the new Vault product you bought is a new release of Vault or a different Vault product (Workgroup, Collaboration, or Profesisonal) then you need to do this:

1. Take a backup of your vault in ADMS Console (this is for safety)

2. Uninstall Vault server

3. Install the new vault and migrate the vaults

3a. During install of the new vault server point it to the license server with your new license file

If all you wish to do is change license servers and not upgrade Vault versions in any way, all you need to do is modify the Licpath.lic file to point to the new license server.

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I have a similar issue. I'm going from a single license server to a redundant system. I have modified the licpath file and even restarted the WWW web service. But it still targets the origional server.  It seems not to be reading the new licpath file.

I have sucessfully used the same licpath file on Inventor, Mechanical & Algor. But the Vault Server refuses to cooperate.

Any ideas?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report