Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Ribbon vanish when starting/opening a part/assambly/drawing

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
Bohusgjuteriet
3204 Views, 32 Replies

Vault 2014 Ribbon vanish when starting/opening a part/assambly/drawing

I got an annoying problem. Everytime I start Inventor 2014 pro Vault Ribbon loads as it should. The problem is when I start up or load a part/drawing/assambly the Vault Ribbon dissapears!

When I do a reset on the ribbon, Vault comes back, but its really annoying when my recent documents dissapears and some other custom changes I want also dissapears when I reset the Ribbon

The EDM addin is loaded and I've reinstalled both Vault 2014 and Inventor with no luck.

If anyone got an idea of what to do I'll be thrilled to hear it!

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

I have the exact same issue after installing Inv pro 2014 & Vault Pro 2014. EDM add-in is loaded. Vault ribbon loads then vanishes. I'd be thrilled to learn the fix as well!! 

Message 3 of 33

Any chance you had a Inv 2014 Beta version installed on your machine?

Message 4 of 33

Sure hope its not a Beta! I installed it from the USB stick that was sent from Autodesk.

Message 5 of 33

We haven't seen this issue. Is it happening only in a specific system or all the systems you have? Can you try on a different system and see if you can see the same issue or not?

If you are seeing it everywhere I would suggest you to log a support case if you are under subscription.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 6 of 33

Yepp, its the same on 2 different computer of different brands. I will post a support case right away.

Message 7 of 33

Try this:

Open up inventor -> start a new part or something so the vault ribbon dissapears -> log out from vault (from the inventor menu button in the top left) -> then log in again to vault.

The vault ribbon pops back up, and for me it stayed there after I restarted Inventor and started a new part.

Message 8 of 33

Fixed mine with some help from A'desk. Discovered there were 2 EDM addin's loading up. Why there is 2 I do not know. Had to turn one off. See attached dialog box.

Message 9 of 33

Yes, you are correct. I also talked to A'desks support and they to discovered 2 EDM. Switch one off (the one with the location: mscoree.dll) After that it worked.

Message 10 of 33

Glad to know that it works now. But I would like to reproduce the issue in house so that we can fix the issue.

So can you please let me know the following?

1. What are the Autodesk applications you have in your system?

2. What is the install order that you have followed?

3. What is the Operating System of the machine?

And also please let us know if you have any other information to reproduce the issue.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 33

Computer:
Fujitsu Celsius Workstation
Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise SP1
RAM: 14Gb

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2014 - 64 bit
Build: 170
Release: 2014 RTM Thu: 02/28/2013

Vault Basic 2014 Client
Vault Basic 2014 Server (my local machine is running as the vault server)

I installed vault server and the database before i installed Autodesk design suite 2014.
After I have reinstalled vault client and Inventor.
Message 12 of 33

Senthil,

I've attached a snapshot of my installed Autodesk apps. The dates of install will show the order. I had this problem on two out of three 2014 Inventor/Vault Pro installs. FYI...The two systems that had the issue were both 64 bit. The 32 bit system did not have the vanishing Vault ribbon issue nor did it have two EDM addin's appearing in the Add-In Manager dialog box.. I've also attached a snapshot of my workstation's sysinfo. All three workstations here are running Windows 7 Ultimate. Hope this helps.

Jerry Schuld

SDC Materialls Inc

Message 13 of 33

Looks like my install attachment didn't show up on the previous post. Here it it....

Message 14 of 33

Thank you so much to both of you for providing the information. I tried the exact workflows and unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Please find the attached screen shots from my machine. 

Win 7 ENT x64 with PrDS 2014 (without Base Vault Client) + Vault Pro 2014

I tried with and without Server installed in the same system.

Following link has the video showing the workflow that I am doing.

http://www.screencast.com/t/BnPePI7IoQG

So please let me know if I am missing anything with the install or workflow.

Thanks again!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 33

Only difference i can see is that you are running Vault Pro 2014. I'm running Vault Basic 2014. Other then that..... me is clueless.

Message 16 of 33

I also tried with Vault Basic. So I am also clueless Smiley Sad

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 33
Bill.Bogan
in reply to: Bohusgjuteriet

I am seeing the same thing WRT Vault Basic. However, with Vault Pro I don't see this issue.

I am checking to see if other machines using Vault Basic have the same issue.

It would seem more investigation is needed.

Message 18 of 33
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Bill.Bogan

Thanks for your reply. Today I tried again on a new machine Win 7 x64 with Complete PrDS 2014 (Includes Vault basic 2014) and I do not see the issue in that machine as well.

I installed it on a clean OS. 

Is it possible for one of you to post a video showing the issue?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 33

Hi, I have the same error. Sorry, but I can never find the solution here. Many greetings. Holger

Message 20 of 33

Sorry.

Now I have the automatic start of a disabled addin and now it seems to work.

Best regards.

Holger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report