Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2010: Exception has been through by the Target of an invocation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mark-j-a
3831 Views, 8 Replies

Vault 2010: Exception has been through by the Target of an invocation

We are having problems from time to time with getting new files into the vault. We continually get an Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I have no idea what this error means or how to go about fixing it and as per usual the vault help notes don't help at all.

I have attached a jpeg of the actual error message.

If anyone can help with this problem or explain how to go about fixing it, i will be greatly appreciative.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mark-j-a
in reply to: mark-j-a

Just as a side note, the files which seem to stopping the check-in process are typical above 30MB would this have anything to do with the problem.
Message 3 of 9
polo.zhenshi

Hi Mark,
You use Vista OS right? it seems caused by a new limit request-filtering feature in IIS7.
You can try:Change the setting in IIS which only allows files up to a certain size to be uploaded. Start->Run-> run as administrator, go to c:\Windows\systems32\inetsrv, and type the following command and execute: appcmd set config "Default Web Site/AutodeskDM" - section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:104857600 -commitpath:apphost.
Got this from http://forums.iis.net/p/1108662/1702390.aspx#1702390.

Hope it could help.
Regrads,
Polo

Message 4 of 9
mark-j-a

Polo,

Thanks for the help, it did the trick and is work a treat.

Mark
Message 5 of 9
felix.winkler

Hello,

I am having a similar issue when trying to check parts into Vault.
I am running Windows 7 (x64) and have Vault configured for a single user.
Part size does not seem to be the issue here, this part is only a few KB.
I've attached a screen-shot - I assume this has to do with a IIS setting?

Thanks in advance,

- Felix
Message 6 of 9
polo.zhenshi

Hello,
Is your server also installed on Win 7? ADMS 2010 is not supported on Windows 7. There is a couple threads about such issue, and some user provide some workaround, you can search the forum and have a try. However, I do not think it is officially supported.
Regards,
Polo
Message 7 of 9
felix.winkler

Thanks for the quick reply - the server is installed on the same machine, so also Windows 7. I'm new to all things IIS, so implementing a work-around may be challenging... what's ADMS?
Message 8 of 9
polo.zhenshi

Hi Felix,
ADMS means Autodesk Data Management Server, and is not supported on Windows 7. So you may try installing the ADMS on other OS as a workaround.
Regards,
Polo
Message 9 of 9
Dan_Margulius

Hello ,

I have the same error as posted in the begining of this post . I am working with PS 2009 and IIS 6 .
Can I try the same solution or i have to run a different comand on IIS 6 ?

Thanks ,

Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report