Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost content iproperty fields in vault.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
ArjanVanDenBulk3857
1097 Views, 17 Replies

Lost content iproperty fields in vault.

Hi Everyone,

It seems that i have lost some content in iproperty fields in our vault. Only dwg files are affected. The iproperties are filled in in the files but do not show up in the vault as they did before. See the screen shoots. Can enyone tell me what went wrong?

DWG view.JPG

Assy view.JPG

Regards,

Arjan

Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Professional.
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2016.

Windows 7 Professional x64.
HP Z600 E5520 2.26Ghz.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Sounds like a permissions issue on your server...

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 3 of 18

We have had the same thing happen since we upgraded to Vault 2012. Only effects Inventor DWG files: generic icon sometimes; iProperties not displaying in Vault or available for searches.

I tried a hotfix, re-registering the iFilter, re-indexing properties, re-do search indexes, and nothing helped.

I was looking at property mapping, and am not getting anywhere. Further, our custom properties cannot be re-mapped: they do not show up on the mapping list of available properties.

Oddly enough, IDW files (which we don't ever use) appear to be ok.

Nothing else changed since Vault 2011. Very frustrating!

I do not know why permissions on the server would have changed or affected this now.(?)

Geo.

Message 4 of 18

I made a new template from the Standard.dwg template provided with Inventor 2012, and checked it in. Then, I was able to re-map our custom properties and standard properties to the new 2012 template. Now, the properties appear correctly in Vault 2012, only for new drawings made from this template.

I have not figured out how to make our existing dwg files from 2011 comply. Migrate did not work. Will try complete rebuild with Migrate and see what happens.

Geo.

Message 5 of 18

Migration with complete rebuild did nothing. Something is definitely different between the Standard.dwg templates from 2011 to 2012, and it is affecting Vault's property display big time!

Geo.

"It's ok, I'm Frank Costanza's lawyer."

Message 6 of 18

Thanks for your reply. It seems I was the only one with this problem.

Going to make a new inventor 2012 template, but this not a really solution.

Are there some autodesk people with a suggestion?

Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Professional.
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2016.

Windows 7 Professional x64.
HP Z600 E5520 2.26Ghz.
Message 7 of 18

I filed a case with Autodesk Subscription.

Please note AutoCAD files that were checked-out, saved, then checked-in show thumbnail and properties.

Geo.

Message 8 of 18

George

Did you get a solution to this issue?

I have just Completed an install of 2012 Vault Collaboration (Full Replication) 

all is fine until trying to read custom iproperties in the Inventor DWG file in the vault.

Note: the Inventor DWG template file used to create the drawings was created from the original Standard.dwg template provided with the software which had an older 2009 title block copied and pasted into the drawing resources. Title block was edited with the custom properties added with values (text) .

Checking into Vault the properties are not available in searches or visible in property columns.

They appear in the property management for mapping to UDP's , Mapped as required

custom property named Site  mapped to UDP named SITE (mapped bidirectional)

Can view UDP property column in Vault Client , however no value shown or searchable?

Any ideas from yourself or our Autodesk friends would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 18

Some properties did not show for me. They were not correctly mapped by default. Some looked mapped but did not work. I still had to edit & map them. Also, make sure the category mapping part is not blank.

We are using basic vault, which apparently does not have categories. I have someone from Autodesk working on it, though no breakthroughs, yet. Doesn't look good.

Message 11 of 18

The problem for us is not limited to custom properties, but default properties as well, and for drawings generated from the 2011 or earlier based title block standard.dwg files. The new drawings from the 2012 standard.dwg with the copied older title block inserted appear to work fine. Thumbnails on older dwg files are a complete toss-up.

Message 12 of 18
t.cuppen
in reply to: georgelawson1705

We have got the same problem with only our inventor dwg files.

No properties are showing in the Vault explorer.

We have  also tried everything on the properties but nothing helps.

We also use the standard Vault (2012) and we can't see our properties.

Please HELP !!

We would really appreciate it, if there is a solution, update or hotfix to fix this problem.

Tom

Message 13 of 18
t.cuppen

We have got the same problem !!!

Please help !

Suport us with a hotfix / update or solution !

Message 14 of 18
georgelawson1705
in reply to: t.cuppen

We moved on to Vault Pro recently. The properties have improved, though the thumbnail showing a generic icon still is an issue.

Message 15 of 18
t.cuppen

Thanks,

But for us that is not the solution.

We want to remain in the normal vault.

With kind regards

Message 16 of 18

Has a fix, or any progress, been made for this issue.  I have a client with the exact same issue.  DWGs with default iProperties will not show up in Vault.

Message 17 of 18
spascual
in reply to: lance.stevens

VAULT 2012 SP2

WINDOWS 2008 X64

SAME ISSUE

REGARDS,

Message 18 of 18

After an exhaustive testing scheme, we created a new Vault and restored a backup to it, all of it installed onto an isolated computer. The properties worked. We have determined from this that something is wrong with the main Vault installation, or the server itself has communication issues that cannot be resolved.

We have asked for approvals to purchase a new server (we have our own apart from the main), and to install a new Vault onto that. Until that happens, we can not use the full Vault Pro Lifecycle features.

Very best regards,

Geo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report