Please, add an ability to use several Vault license types at one server. For example, using combination of Vault Collaboration and Vault Professional.
Because not all users need the top functionality, but read-only from web-client is not enough for them - so why pay more? Customers really need this feature.
One of discussions: at Vault forum.
the goal is to run the job processor on many files that are spread accross several replicated servers.
the hurdle is that if you have the job processor logged into one server and it attempts to process a file that is currently owned by a different server, the task cannot be completed successfully. "error"...
we need to be able to allow for this in the job processor settings, whether it is to simply choose
1. "skip file that is not owned by your server", or
2. "run jobs on tasks with preference to one server over another". the job processor would be able to batch together a few hundred jobs for example, to complete on the local replicated server, then reboot itself (or log out and log into a different server) to run a few hundred files that are owned by the other server(s).
3. allow the job processor to run on files regardless of whether they are owned by another server, or
4. allow the option to choose: "if files are owned by a different server, then just run (several topions may be available here).
there may be easier ways to manage this but the job processor is going to be of much more use with some enhancement. (to be read in consideration with the several other requests for job processor improvements currently on the ideas station and discussion forumns).
Allow an administrator to define a UDP that is updated on lifecycle transition.
When a document moves from
WIP to In Review write the username to a UDP e.g. Drafted by
In Review to Released write the username to a UDP e.g. Approved by
Currently it is manual effort to update the UDP prior to state change.
This is an Out of the Box feature with Solidworks Enterprise PDM and requested by users moving from this system to Vault
Allow Vault installation/configuration to connect to an Instance not named AUTODESKVAULT
We have several separate vault servers (Professional) all connected to remate databases on an SQL cluster. The SQL people claim that they can only have one single instance called AUTODESKVAULT in their complete environment AND that instance names MUST follow their naming conventions
Actually, vault is the only software that I know of that requires a specific instance name
Once a file\folder is replicated from one site to another, the challenge is to unreplicate.
Currently there appears to be 2 options to unreplicate a file.
1) In the ADMS Console, edit the "Replicated Folder" and untick the folder that you want to unreplicate, then delete the file(s) from the vault, re-add it to the "unreplicated" folder. This will prevent the file from being replicated in future
2) Disable the Vault on the site, delete the local filestore, Enable it. This can be dangerous if the file is not present on at least one other site. Its OK if you know all files are replicated to at least one site.
The wish is to untick a folder in the "Replicated Folder" dialogue for that site and for the ADMS Console to check to see if that file appears on another site before allowing the Admin to unreplicate the folder. Once the check is completed, the files in the selected folder are removed from that sites filestore.
If you think this would be a useful enhancement, add a comment to this thread...
Licence usage is tracked in the vlog, but its really tricky to analyse and trace who is currently using a Vault licence and how many licences are being consumed, until a user is denied a licence.
Useful information would be licence usage tracking throughout the day, so we can see peak times and trends and if more licences need to be installed.
Who is consuming a licence.
How many licences are being consumed by 1 user
How many licences are being consumed by client machine.
i think it's useful to have a scripting-interface like vlogic (http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2012/03/v
It should be possible to make extensions with this scripting interface for the job server, too.
It would be useful to be able to backup\restore with out the filestore.
A commandline swithc would be useful to exclude the filestore from the backup if you just want to either validate your databases by restoring them to a test\dummy machine.
For sending the backup to support
For testing the migration to a new release
Then the ability to attach the filestore later.