Data Managemetn is about capturing, searching and presenting data to the user.
Vault supports the creation of User Defined Properties (UDP)
Presenting these UDPs via the Properties Tab is completely inadequate for Vault to complete against Enterprise Data Management Systems.
This lack of functionality is limiting the adoption of Vault by Autodesk Customers who are evaluating Document Control Systems of which 75% are using Windows Explorer.
To extend and present Vault Properies beyond this Properties Tab requires customization and development using Visual Studio. 99% of customers do not have this cability.
Here is a link to an AU Class that reviews the challenges of customizing the Properties Tab
Provide an easy Custom Form Designer within Vault Professional to extend a Tab on Folders, Files, Items, Change Orders and Custom Objects
The Custom Form can
- be linked to a Categories and are only presented when that category of Folder, File, Item or Custom Object is highlighed
- pop-out as a window or be anchored on the Preview Panel
- support side Tabs to present 100s of UDPs similar to the example in the AU Class.
- Support Edit of UDPs in the Form similar to Data Card Feature and augement the current Edit Properties Feature.
- easily map form fields to UDPs