Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CAD-One
351 Views, 5 Replies

Customization

I dont know if this is possible by iLogic or Task Scheduler. Some one, please guide me on how to deal with this.

As a admin, I have modified contents of a several files in "Standard" and checked them to the vault. I want all the users to to download all the complete data from the "Standard" folder in the vault. It basically should sync contents with Vault's "Standard" folder data.

Is this possible?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
john.laidler
in reply to: CAD-One

Workspace Sync accomplishes this already.

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 6
gary.belisle
in reply to: john.laidler

To expand on the original question, lets say as Admin you ADD a new file users need, to a vault folder that is set up to syncronize. WorkspaceSync does not ADD new files missing in your workspace from the vault. Has anyone found a way around this? Can a script be pushed to get files into a workspace? 

Not trying to hijack the original question, but I think this is kind of where you were going with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
i7-4800MQ Dell Precision M6800, Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB RAM
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Autodesk Vault Professional 2015
PLM 360
Message 4 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: gary.belisle

You mean something like Vault Mirror?

Vault can't really push anything.  Instead you need some sort of background process to pull down information instead.  Vault Mirror can serve this purpose.  By default, it pulls down every file in the Vault.  However, the source code is in the SDK, so you can re-build it to suit your needs.

Have fun.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
gary.belisle
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks Doug,

That would do the trick. Problem is, how can you set it up so that a specific folder in the vault gets mirrored to each users workspace? I don't want the entire vault, just Admin stuff. Our server is Vault Pro 2012 running on a virtual server. I also have WorkspaceSync setup to run on domain login using windows authentication. That takes care of the sync, but the new files is what I'd like to get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
i7-4800MQ Dell Precision M6800, Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB RAM
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Autodesk Vault Professional 2015
PLM 360
Message 6 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: gary.belisle

Vault Mirror doesn't do this by default.  Somebody with C# knowledge needs to go into the Vault Mirror source code in the SDK and edit it to pull down files from only from a specific location.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report