I am creating an industry model in which I have several feature classes and different user groups.
For security reasons, some user groupes should get read only access on some objects but full access on some others.
In the user interface, I can remove the function "New Record" for example for a user group, but that means that it is not available in all the forms.
Does anyone have an idea how I could solve that problem?
Thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
in this case - why don't you create a separate form for each user group?
that was initially my plan, but I can't figure out, how I can disable for example the "new record" function in one form but not the other.
you can create different toolbars and then assign a specific toolbar to a form. It's is a bit confusing and I'm not sure whether I have fully understood the idea behind it or not. Because I haven't used it yet but just checked how it works in general I cannot gurantee it's 100% correct.
I do not have the english version at hand - so the terms I'm refering to might be bit different in the application itself.
1. open a workspace/project
2. expand the document node and look for "user interface" node
3. switch to the Forms tab
4. select the user group you want to assign the new toolbar to
5. create a new entry and disable "new record"
6. select the Form-Designer node and select the feature class
7. copy the existing form
8. open the copied form
9. open the form options (in menu "Designer")
10. assign the newly created toolbar to the form
11. close form
12. assign form to group