Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problème de modélisation steel design

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Colas_rail
1693 Views, 15 Replies

Problème de modélisation steel design

J'aimerai savoir pourquoi lorsque ej veux étudier les barres par exemple, la vérification marque erreur au lieu de profil correct ?

I wonder why when the bars already want to study, for example, Verification mark error instead of correct profile?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

I have moved your last post to the new subject as it is a steel design topic now.

Looking at the screen capture you provided (I don't have the rtd file) I assume that you haven't assigned any member type to your bars (see the attached picture).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 16

YOUR SOLUTION IS OK FOR THE MODELISATION WITHOUT the pole

But for the first modelisation you give me it doesnt work

if you want my 2 rtd files give me your email

Message 4 of 16
Colas_rail
in reply to: Colas_rail

no for both of the 2 modelisation , i have an incorrect profile...

Have you got a solution ?

Message 5 of 16

You can get familiar with the procedure of finding the appropriate size of the cross section looking at the example 2 from the training manual available from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13093279.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 16

HELLO

I want to knwo what i can do to fix my probleme with tube 76 ??

It is a probleme with his load ( -PZ) ....

Have you got an idea ?

thank you

Message 7 of 16

The slenderness limit for this profile has been exceeded. You should increase the size of the tube.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 16

Ok but i cant change this section

I think maybe it's a problem in my modelisation of this (look at my image)

I HAVE A TUBE 1 AT LEFTafter there is another tube (tube 2 ) and the tube 2 is inside the tube 1 (30 cm in and 10 com out )

and both are like in the second picture

Ha ve you an idea for a better modelisation of this part in robot ?

Message 9 of 16

For simplicity I would model only the 'outside' part of the element using different section and then I would create a new member to verify the capacity of the entire element as shown on the attached picture. I would not use the 'double tube' part as this is not the part where you expect the failure (double cross section). My understanding is that what you attempt to do is to find the right cross section so you should be in right to increase it when needed (or increase the thickness of the wall if there is some restriction imposed on the diameter). On the other hand you may decide that the slenderness limit of 210 is not to be applied in a particular design situation when this particular element is likely to be under tension only.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 10 of 16

I think i don't understand why you put a point 4 in your picture.

I do two pipes like you but i don't know what is your point number 4

Can you explain me your way

Thanks

Message 11 of 16

Imagine a simply supported beam that is built from two different sections (one from the left hand support till the middle of the beam and then another from the middle till the right hand support). To model this situation in Robot you have to use two different bars (No.1 and No.2) but to verify the beam's capacity or deflection you still would like to  'see' it as a single element. As you know the verification in Robot is done according to the bar type assigned to the element so you need to assign appropriate bar type (that has e.g. the correct buckling length) to the entire beam. This is why I created the artificial new bar (No.4) that stands for bar 1 + bar 2. Now I can assign the appropriate bar type to bar No.4 and run its verification.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 12 of 16

But what is the type of these bar number 4, i know that my left bar is (57 DIAMETER) and my right bar is 76 diameter.

What will be the diameter for the new bar 4 ?

Message 13 of 16
Colas_rail
in reply to: Colas_rail

and if i created a su^perficail bar i need to give his section and there is a problem like superposiotion...

Message 14 of 16

The section of the new superbar will be as defined for the components which means for the imaginary beam example I used the first section till the middle of the beam and the second till its end. The super bar definition is only the information that the components should be treated as an one (continuous) element rather than as two separate (shorter) elements. As you do not create any real bar over the two existing ones there is no superposition of course.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 16

Can you send an image to explain your way ( for your explication)

Thank you

Message 16 of 16

I did. This is the superbar 4 you asked about Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report