Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buckling- equal angles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ZHUKOV_ING
2046 Views, 3 Replies

Buckling- equal angles

How to perform buckling analysis for equal angles in u-u and v-v axis????

When i have equal angles firs i use L-profiles from database and i am performing analysis in y-y and z-z axis after designing i am changing L-profile into LP-profile and  that LP-profile i am checking for minimum axes (v-v).

My qustion is: Is it possible to design one L-profile taking in account all 4 axes y-y ; z-z and principal axes v-v ; u-u.

(so my way is the only way or there is something else, much easier????)

This is very important when i am working towers because significantly reduces design time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: ZHUKOV_ING

There are two types of angle families in almost every database. 

with P in name means in principal axes

caep.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
CTuser1
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I just came across this thread now while looking for a solution to a similar query and just need a little further clarity:

If I am designing EQA bracing as per the attached sketch and am concerned about buckling, would I need to run the analysis using EQA sections and then change the sections to EQAP and run the anlysis again to check the alternative axes? Or would RSA automatically check buckling about all the axis on the original analysis?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: CTuser1

Use EQAP sections to have sections in principal axes

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report