Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Robot Verification and Theory

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
heinb
4582 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Robot Verification and Theory

I am looking for the Robot Verification Manual as well as a theory manual, particular with reference to the finite elements in robot.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: heinb

The verification manual can be found in en-US\Manuals\Verification manuals folder on Robot DVD.

Surface elements – 3 node triangles (T3) and 4 node quadrilaterals (Q4)

•  Bending state – elements DKMT / DKMQ (Discrete Kirchoff – Mindlin Triangle / Quadrilateral) [2][3]

•  Membrane state – elements T3w and Q4w with corrected approximation of membrane state with respect to “drilling rotation” [1]

[1] - IBRAHIMBEGOVIC A., WILSON E.L.,

A unified  formulation for triangular and quadrilateral flat shell finite elements  with six nodal degrees of freedom . Communications in Applied Numerical Methods.Vol  7, 1-9(1991)

[2] - KATILI I.,

A new discrete Kirchoff - Mindlin element based on Mindlin - Reissner

plate theory and   assumed shear strain fields -Part I: An extended DKT element for thick -plate bending   analysis. International Journal For Numerical Methods  In Engineering  , Vol 36, 1859-1883        (1993)

[3] - KATILI I.,

A new discrete Kirchoff - Mindlin element based on Mindlin -Reissner

plate theory and   assumed shear strain fields -Part II: An extended DKQ element for thick -plate bending  analysis. International Journal For Numerical Methods  In Engineering, Vol 36, 1885-1908 (1993)

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10
Romanich

Try to find the path of c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2012\Documents\Verification manuals\

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 4 of 10
ambrozan
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

What type of shell element is used in Autocad Robot Structural Analysis Professional
2013 calculations? Is it maybe
the Discrete Kirchoff – Mindlin Quadrilateral
finite shell element??

Message 5 of 10
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: ambrozan

Plane elements – 3 node triangles (T3) and 4 node quadrilaterals (Q4)

•  Bending state – elements DKMT / DKMQ (Discrete Kirchoff – Mindlin Triangle / Quadrilateral) [2][3]

•  Membrane state – elements T3w and Q4w with corrected approximation of membrane state with respect to “drilling rotation” [1]

[1] - IBRAHIMBEGOVIC A., WILSON E.L.,

A unified  formulation for triangular and quadrilateral flat shell finite elements  with six nodal degrees of freedom . Communications in Applied Numerical Methods.Vol  7, 1-9(1991)

[2] - KATILI I.,

A new discrete Kirchoff - Mindlin element based on Mindlin - Reissner

plate theory and   assumed shear strain fields -Part I: An extended DKT element for thick -plate bending   analysis. International Journal For Numerical Methods  In Engineering  , Vol 36, 1859-1883        (1993)

[3] - KATILI I.,

A new discrete Kirchoff - Mindlin element based on Mindlin -Reissner

plate theory and   assumed shear strain fields -Part II: An extended DKQ element for thick -plate bending  analysis. International Journal For Numerical Methods  In Engineering, Vol 36, 1885-1908 (1993)

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 10

I cannot find verification manual in Robot 2014 folders...

??

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 7 of 10
Alexei_UA
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

I cannot find verification manual in Robot 2014 folders too.

Can somebody give me a link to download the manual???

Message 8 of 10
Romanich
in reply to: Alexei_UA

Please use this link http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=13093279  or:

docs.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Mirko.Jurcevic

Thanks Romanich!

I naively thought that Autodesk will publish new manuals for new 2014 version.  😞

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 10 of 10

I just stumbled upon this post. Until 2013, the verification manuals were put on the DVD. They have since been removed due to space.

The Verification Manuals can now be found on the autodesk.com website under Support and Learning.

Here is a direct link:

www.autodesk.com/rsapro-verification-manuals

I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report