How would you like to perform static analysis using the cloud while you continue to work in Revit Structure? Check on Project Storm:
We are eager to hear your feedback. You an reply to this thread or send an email to email@example.com.
Yes hopefully the technology preview will expand to be worldwide in the future.
I tried this new extension and seems very promising - but it doesn't work for us. The reason
being that we have set the material for framing families to be a Type Parameter
and not a Instance Parameter.
I wish this could be looked at or you could have choice before you run the software to
specify if the material is an instance or type parameter.
The Storm Plug-in is very promissing however, I have run a very simple plane frame analysis which carries out an analysis but indicates that there are warnings.
The results are available however these do not seem to be correct and they are only available through the dashboard. When I try to view the results directly in Revit Structure the dialog box indicates there are "No Results Available"
What am I doing wrong?
I have attached the file which I am trying to analyse
Ane help you can provide would be appreciated.
I love this thing's promise.
I'm new to Revit Structure, and not a structural engineer. That being said, I ran a few models (eventually got a couple to run without an error message!. Although I suspect I still have some parameters screwed up), but notice the following:
1) I'm sure I've got some connection defintions wrong or something, but the cloud report seems to be missing some nodes and so forth. On the other hand, the downloaded results to the Revit file look normal (I have not analyzed the results independently, so no idea if they are legit.
2) Although the cloud report says the beam did not fail, there's no where to see how "successful" the beam was. Are there "unity" figures anywhere?
3) Is the cloud report downloadable or otherwise contained in the Revit file?
4) The "Results" in the Revit file are nice looking, but don't seem to be ready for a report format?...I see I can customize what stresses are shown and can put on sheets. I can re-scale the members, and re-locate the little results bars (as a group), but cannot resize those results-bars.
Thanks for any input or advice
About 5 minutes ago I posted an update to the Labs site.
The latest version of Project Storm for Revit Structure includes the following enhancements:
- Define "Analysis Profile" before conducting analysis:
Users can now select "Analysis profile" before running structural analysis, and it can be defined as Draft, Normal or Fine. Selecting "Analysis Profile" has a direct impact on the analysis rate and results accuracy on walls and floors.
- Performance improvements:
With adjustments to the system infrastructure, performance improvements can be realized.
UI is optimized:
To help guide the analysis process and to give progress integrations throughout, "current steps" indicators have been added to Project Storm to allow for information to be provided at each step of the analysis and results gathering process.
Please give the new version a try.