I am having an issue with wires not being added to the circuit when I connect two items on that circuit.
I have room controllers for lighting controls, and I'm wiring them together on the same circuit. The room controllers are assigned to a circuit, but when I connect them together, the wire does not pick up the circuit assignment.
I should note that it used to work, but it suddenly doesn't anymore. I have lots of wires that are assigned to the circuit, but Revit will no longer add new wires to the circuit. Any ideas?
Here's the room controller properties:
Here's an existing wire (note: if you're familiar with the "Revit Wire Size Bug" it is being displayed here):
Here is a new wire that connects room controllers:
I’m not able to reproduce this behavior. Does it occur in a new project using those familes or is it only occurring in a specific project?
Do you have the update release installed over Revit MEP for that version, and if not, does it resolve the issue?
Would you be able to send a simple sample RVT
I am running Revit MEP 2012 Build: 20110916_2132(x64) Update Release 2.
I don't know if it would occur in a new project, but I doubt it because it doesn't even occur with regularity in this project.
I don't really think that sending a simple sample would help because I don't think it would replicate.
I did find a workaround during my investigation of the problem which actually makes the problem itself a little more confusing. If I route a wire somewhere else in that circuit (ie between two light fixtures instead of the room controllers), then move the wire verticies to the room controllers, Revit will add the wire to the circuit and put wire markers on it and such. Furthermore, there were some areas of the circuit that did not give me a problem when I tried to connect two room controllers together. So, it's nice to have a workaround, but the fact that it will let me add wires in some places and not others on the same circuit is really weird.
I should note that I really doubt that it's an issue with the room controllers being custom families because essentially every family we're using in this project is a custom family (manufacturer produced families left a lot to be desired when we tried to use them).