Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with vertical pipe dimensions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
629 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with vertical pipe dimensions

I've been wrestling with an issue while drawing vertical pipes for sprinkler drops to the right height.

My method for adding pipes has been to right-click the pipe end; draw pipe; set the offset distance; accept.

The problem is that the end offset draws exactly a foot lower every time. I've been working around this by accounting for it when I type an offset distance, but it would be nice to know whats going wrong here.

Many Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

cbartlet wrote:

"My method for adding pipes has been to right-click the pipe end; draw pipe; set the offset distance; accept."

If the above is accurate, you are drawing a length of pipe first, and then inputting an offset distance and clicking "accept". This is to create sort of an "L" for connection to the sprinkler head, right? Kind of like:  ───┘? I have two possible suggestions:

1. Use Sections to draw and modify piping when necessary.

2. Change the Detail Level to "Fine" and turn off the Piping Subcategories for Rise and Drop. That way, you can see the fittings and can change the elbow into a tee by clicking on the "+" symbol.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hey thanks for the response. You're correct in what I'm doing. I have a horizontal pipe at 9ft; At the pipe end I would like a vertical pipe to drop 2 ft for a sprinkler head. I right click the pipe end select draw pipe, set the offset distance to 7ft, hit accept. It draws the pipe to 6ft.

I've been able to work around it fine by just adding a foot to the offset distance (in the above example type 8ft instead); it was faster for me than drawing in section. I was more curious if there was a reason why this would be happening every time I type a distance?

In your answers is there a reason to draw in section that I'm missing? Also I'm not sure what the purpose of turning the elbow into a tee is.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, why it's offsetting the 1ft, I don't know. I suggested the tee because I thought you were creating " ─┬─┬─┐" and the Tee would allow you to right-click on the connection symbol at select "draw pipe". Also, try hitting the spacebar before correcting the offset, which is the command to "Inherit Properties". Maybe that will work.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report